LK85 - Deity, 5CCC+, Civ=TBD

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
LK85 - Deity, 5CCC+, Civ=TBD
Difficulty = Deity
Civilization = TBD
Pangaea, 60%, Random
Barbs = None
World Size = Standard

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel (waiting to here from)
Kaiser_Berger (waiting to here from)
6thGenTexan (waiting to here from)
Microbe (waiting to here from)
I am giving the LK79 people first shot at this. After 24 hours I will give the rest of the world a chance to enter.
Please note the very important plus sign (+).

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

5CCC+ variant rules:

We may initially build a maximum of 5 cities. After that the plus rules take effect.
We must count the number of cities we raze. When the number of razed cities exceeded the number of cities we have we may build another city. After that the razed city count resets to zero.
For example:
We razed 6 cities. We build out 6th city. We must then raze another 7 cities (total of 13) for the right to build the 7th city.
Our city count can't ever exceed the amount allowed for even a millisecond.

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Abuse Tactics - Denying resources, blocking key tiles, RoP rape, or other ways to screw-up a civ via the RoP. A scout in AI territory has an explicit RoP and is subject to this rule.

Peace Treaty abuse - If you get concessions from the AI you must wait for the 20 turns to end before declaring another war.

Resource abuse - You can't disconnect / reconnect a resource every turn for the sake of building cheap units to upgrade with excess cash.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship in the same square not using any movement, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Mass troop jumping - You can't give away a give a city to transport a large amount of troops to another landmass.

Worker baiting - You can't spread around and sacrifice workers to an oncoming attack. This is often done to avoid losing real units or cities. This takes advantage of the AI failure to prioritize targets.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.

2) Worker blockades are prohibited. This prevents things such as fortifying workers along the coast to stop invasions, blocking troops from going through your territory with workers, etc. Workers activity doing something along the coast is fine. The workers must be actively doing something.

3) You may not declare war on a civ if you are currently shipping cash and / or goods to the civ.

4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.

5) Our reputation is golden - please respect it.

Signed up:
LKendter
Kaiser_Berger (confirmed)
Microbe (waiting to here from)

I am giving the LK79 people first shot at this. After 24 hours I will give the rest of the world a chance to enter.

do we count autoraze?
Auto raze includes the word raze and counts.

please put Persia in.
Sorry, I will let the random dice gods decide.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (confirmed)

I'm ready.

Back on pangaea! :goodjob:

Our city count can't ever exceed the amount allowed for even a millisecond.

Good, that takes away the confusion of flips/gaining towns in peace and so on. Not for a millisecond, except if we get one for peace and we already met the limit?

Good, that takes away the confusion of flips/gaining towns in peace and so on. Not for a millisecond, except if we get one for peace and we already met the limit?
In theory we could get a 6th city in peace if we have razed 6 cities already. This will only make sense if the 6th city is next to our existing empire. Those odds seem rather low.

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel (confirmed)
Microbe (confirmed)

I will start this one today

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel (confirmed)
6thGenTexan (confirmed)
Microbe (confirmed)

Ok, I realize Vikings on a Pangaea is a little weird. However, I want a good UU this time. We will probably still whack a few coastal cities. Just make sure we bring extra boats to take the workers home. ;)

4000 BC
We get a boring start with nothing of interest spotted. I build Trondheim without moving.

3450 BC
We have first contact with Rome. No deals are possible, and they have already met another civ.

3250 BC
We have first contact with the Maya. They have the exact same techs as Rome.

2510 BC
This is getting way to crowed up north as I make contact with Arabia and spot green borders.

2470 BC
I am glad this isn't AWE. We have meet Russia and Persia.
The RnG gave Microbe his wish and Persia hopefully gets the axe.

The research on The Wheel pays as we trade it to Rome for Bronze Working and $10.
We trade Alphabet and The Wheel to newly met Russia and get Masonry, Burial and $14.

2310 BC
Bergen is formed. It has a cow and will claim gems after border expansion.

==========================

Summary:
This is where I thing the next settler should go. I realize it "wastes" a bonus grassland tile, but with a limited number of cities I really don't want overlap. In addition, this square gives us two addition mountain tiles for possible future iron / coal. It will be awhile before we are past the initial 5 cities and earning the rights to additional cities.

I would start a temple quickly in Bergen so that we can get the gems on-line.

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel (currently playing)
Kaiser_Berger (on deck)
6thGenTexan
Microbe

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/LK85-2150BC.zip

Vikings on pangaea is a bit unusual, but they will do.

I got it.

Pre-turn - Not much except luxes are on a unnessary 10%. No need to pamper our people yet, so I fix that.

I would really gone for all those BG's S or SE, or the other horse west of Trondheim. But a spot is selected and I don't argue.

2110bc - Bergen warrior -> worker.

1990bc - Caesar demands CB, no problems.

Trondheim barracks -> settler.

1910bc - Bergen worker -> temple.

Have to lower science to 70%, to keep us from deficit.

1870bc - Maya demands 20g, sure.

Spain completes Colossus.

1830bc - We meet Spain, they're up Writing, IW and Myst like most of the others.

1790bc - Rotten Persia found a town next to us, pretty much the spot I had selected for our next town.

Trondheim settler -> warrior. Send the settler SE to grab a spot by a river and lots of BG's and trees.

1750bc - A few civs starts ToA.

Copenhagen founded -> worker.

3 civs knows HBR, we can get it next turn if we use a scientist in Bergen. If we get it by then, some deals can be made.

Arabia have monopoly on Maths.

Settler pair should go 2 E to grab the riverspot. I picked this spot so we don't have 2 civs on our doorstep.

Last settler should build a town around the W dot to grab the second horse.

When the worker finished irrigating the cow, let him chop some trees to speed up the temple.

With only one lux, that second horse will be very important for trading. Bergen will be a powerhouse one day, and a couple of tiles of overlap won't hurt. Then, it all depends if there is any iron in the unclaimed mountains SW.

Rotten Persia found a town next to us,
Persia is already being a pain. :crazyeye:

Then, it all depends if there is any iron in the unclaimed mountains SW.
Want to bet the Iron is by Tyre?

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger (currently playing)
6thGenTexan (on deck)
Microbe

Preturn- Hire the scientist.

T1 1725

For HBR, 11g and 8gpt we get Writing from Persia. We trade Writing to Arabia for Mysticism. Myst and HBR go to Rome for Iron Working.

Suprisingly, there is no iron by Tyre. There is, however, iron is in the hills by the second supply of horses :D

T3 1675

Reykjavik founded.

Summary

Our economy isn't too hot right now, but it'll improve. The original dot proposed by Gozpel is still good for claiming both the horses and iron.

8gpt we get Writing from Persia.
Our economy isn't too hot right now, but it'll improve.
I am not surprised. Large GPT outlay this early often kills the economy.

The original dot proposed by Gozpel is still good for claiming both the horses and iron.
It is good for the horses. The AI may screw us with a very aggressive settlement on the iron. The risk will pretty much end after the borders expand in Bergen.

Reykjavik is a very high flip risk city. It will eventually conflict with Persia and the Maya. After the worker is completed it needs a temple to reduce this risk. We will NEVER have a good culture rating due to the nature of the variant.

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger
6thGenTexan (currently playing)
Microbe (on deck)

Top Bottom