LK88 - Large RaR, mystery civ.

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
Difficulty = Deity
Civilization = Random
Map = Pangaea, mystery climate.
Barbs = Roaming (yes, we are going to try the painful RaR barbs).
World Size = LARGE

Signed up:
LKendter
open slot
open slot
open slot
open slot

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
5 turns per round upon entering the industrial age

Sign up requirement - a previous military win on deity. Previous RaR experience is preferred, but not mandatory.

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Abuse Tactics - Denying resources, blocking key tiles, RoP rape, or other ways to screw-up a civ via the RoP. A scout in AI territory has an explicit RoP and is subject to this rule.

Peace Treaty abuse - If you get concessions from the AI you must wait for the 20 turns to end before declaring another war.

Resource abuse - You can't disconnect / reconnect a resource every turn for the sake of building cheap units to upgrade with excess cash.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship in the same square not using any movement, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Mass troop jumping - You can't give away a give a city to transport a large amount of troops to another landmass.

Worker baiting - You can't spread around and sacrifice workers to an oncoming attack. This is often done to avoid losing real units or cities. This takes advantage of the AI failure to prioritize targets.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.

2) Worker blockades are prohibited. This prevents things such as fortifying workers along the coast to stop invasions, blocking troops from going through your territory with workers, etc. Workers activity doing something along the coast is fine. The workers must be actively doing something.

3) You may not declare war on a civ if you are currently shipping cash and / or goods to the civ.

4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.

5) Our reputation is golden - please respect it.

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
I'd join.
What about the start? The very first one, or the first one that isn't absolutely horrible?
I know enough about RaR if I can't find at least one bonus food it is a joke. Of course, it may take to 3500BC to find that food.

============

Signed up:
LKendter
open slot
Doc Tsiolkovski
Meldor
open slot

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Doc Tsiolkovski
open slot
Meldor

Can I finally claim a spot in an LK series game?

Can I finally claim a spot in an LK series game?
Do you have the RaR module installed and working?

I am installing it now. But as I have a Dialup modem, this could take most of the afternoon.

110 Meg over a dialup modem? :eek:
I put you down as tentative. Please confirmed when you installed the module. If it is causing you to much problems I may have to open up the 5th slot again.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Doc Tsiolkovski
Romeothemonk (tenative)
Meldor

bed_head7 said:
If that spot opens, I'd like it.
I want to confirm that you have RaR installed.

I have seen your name, but can you point to a previous deity win?

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Doc Tsiolkovski
Romeothemonk (tenative)
bed_head7 (possible alternate?)
Meldor

You mean in an SG? I didn't take it to mean that. I played in Nad's Random Deity Troublemaking, which won by Spaceship. I played in KA01B, a replay of GOTM 20 (or 21) at Deity in PTW, also won by Spaceship. I am currently playing in Goz7 with you, which won't strictly be a military win but is certainly challenging. I can't think of anything else at Deity at the moment. So no Deity military win, but some SG experience at this level. I have played a few games with microbe, so if you are unsure about whether I can play at this level, would it be possible to let him make the call? If he says I am not qualified, no problem. If he says I am, then he would be a better judge than simply checking if I was part of a team that won militarily at Deity.

I have a cable connection. I'll get started on it right now, and will probably be able to confirm that it is installed within the hour (and that is a very conservative estimate).

I have a cable connection. I'll get started on it right now, and will probably be able to confirm that it is installed within the hour (and that is a very conservative estimate).
I understand that comment as I now have 1.5 meg DSL. I download a gig of data in just a handfull of hours. :)

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Doc Tsiolkovski
Romeothemonk (tenative)
bed_head7 (alternate)
Meldor

Hmm having problems with the DL. Sorry, it looks like I will not be ready to go until monday. (DL at work/school, burn a copy and haul it home.)

Ha!, I get 4meg through my cable modem and wouldn't go back to DSL for anything...
Well I am quite happy with the service. To each there own.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Doc Tsiolkovski
Meldor
Romeothemonk (tenative)
bed_head7 (alternate)

I put Romeothemonk last. If he hasn't resolved the download by then, I will swap to bed_head7.

Top Bottom