LK96 - RaR, Polynesia, Island Hopping

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/LK96-2150BC.zip

Well I had to restart the game as we shared a single landmass with at least 3 other civsm the first try. IMO this was a false Archipelago. It certainly wasn't how I wanted the game to play out.

3500 BC
The first hut I popped gave us Sailing.

3200 BC
We are not alone, as I have found the Ottomans. No trades occur at this time.

3150 BC
I pop another hut and get Alphabet.

Our outrigger meets the Aztecs. At this point I am not sure if we are on the same landmass.
I ship them Domestication and Sailing for Masonry, Warfare and $34.
Sailing and $70 go to the Ottomans for Pottery.

3050 BC
The Wheel and $18 goes to the Ottomans for Scrape Mining.
The Wheel and Pottery goes to the Aztecs for Ritualism and $4.

3000 BC
I find another hut and get Naval Warfare.
I sell Naval Warfare and Ritualism to the Ottomans for $182. I hate large blocks of cash in the AI hands.

2900 BC
I meet up with the Vikings. I get the $66 out of their treasury using Pottery.

2850 BC
I give the Aztecs Naval Warfare and $115 for Cultivation.

2710 BC
I find the French whom are hopelessly behind in tech. $17 isn't even worth the bother of empting from their treasury.

2590 BC
The Wheel and $20 goes to the Vikings for Slavery.
I empty the Aztecs treasury of $129 for Slavery.

2550 BC
Tikei is formed and we claim elephants.

2430 BC
I ship the Ottomans Slavery for Caste System and $10.

2350 BC
Math and $50 go to the Ottomans for Mysticism.

==========================

Summary:
We need to beeline to Elephants. We share the landmass with just the Ottomans. War can't be avoided in that situation.

The current mini-map and where I found the civs.

Signed up:
LKendter
Sanabas (currently playing)
Meldor (on deck)
Microbe
Romeothemonk

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Our initial starting area:
Note the total lack of luxuries.

Got it. That start is ugly, Haraiki will make only 7 base shields fully mined until we get International Port.

Checking in. Just to note, I will be away over Easter from Friday till Monday.

The starts not quite as ugly, Haraiki is on a hill, and the seaweed/kelp/whatever it's called gives 1 shield. Still not great, Haraiki will only reach 9 base shields.

2150BC: All good

2110: Maths to Aztecs for 142 gold (all they can afford)

2070: Maths & 45 gold to Vikings gets us Urbanisation

2030: Vikings are coming to attack with a tribal guard & a champion, I switch Tikei to Otomo no Makuta (Archer), move a tribal guard from Haraiki to Tikei

1990: Make contact with Sioux, give them Maths & Naval War for Writing & 250 gold, start on Dynasticism
Give Vikings writing for Fermentation & Weaving
Establish Ottoman embassy, they're size 4 with 2 tribal guards, no improvemens, 3spt, building stonehenge due in 53 turns
Writing to Ottomans for 75 gold
Embassy with Sioux, they're size 3, no improvements, 3 T.G defending, building archers
Fermentation & Weaving to Sioux for 44 gold & 4gpt (all they can afford)

1950: zzz

IBT: Vikings declare war, champion attacks and dies, T.G moves on to our elephants

1910: Tikei builds archer ---> Asian Clan
Archer redlines T.G. but dies, our T.G. finishes it off and starts back to Haraiki

1870: Haraiki builds Forge ---> Asian Clan
Make contact with Korea, they're well behind with only 27 gold, I give them slavery for all 27 of it.

1830: Ottomans extort 54 gold

1790: zzz

1750: Give the Aztecs weaving & writing for Mythology & 8 gold (all their money)
Give the Sioux Mythology & 620 gold for Dynasticism, immediately revolt (5 turn anarchy) and start on philosophy
Give the Ottomans Dynasticism for 301 gold & 8gpt (all their money)

sanabas said:
IBT: Vikings declare war, champion attacks and dies, T.G moves on to our elephants
Unreal - We don't need these distractions with the Ottoman war all but guaranteed. We need badly to build more cities.

At least we are still have no problems in the tech race.

Signed up:
LKendter
Sanabas
Meldor (currently playing)
Microbe (on deck)
Romeothemonk

lurker's comment:
If you place your towns right you can have a minor shortcut through the lakes. Might be worth doing (settle E,N,N of the capitol and then another city to get out of the lake to the east. It also gives you a safe haven for boats (the lakes) that you can retreat to.

LKendter said:
Unreal - We don't need these distractions with the Ottoman war all but guaranteed. We need badly to build more cities.

Yeah. vikings shouldn't be a problem, they were just isolated raiders, I doubt we'll see that much more of them soon. More cities we're desperate for, with hindsight I should have built a clan before the forge in Haraiki, I wasn't expecting Dynasticism anywhere near that quickly. Hopefully we can get elephant riders before the ottoman war starts.

1700 BC (2)
(I) The Koreans start the Oracle, The Souix start the Sphinx.

1675 BC (3)
(I)The Aztecs start building the Oracle, the Vikings the Sphinx.

1650 BC (4)
The Vikings will talk, but they want 140g for peace, we will wait one more turn. The Souix have bronzeworking and we can buy it, but there are no deals to offset it. I will wait.
(I)We become a Monarchy.

1625 BC (5)
Vikings haven't dropped the price.

1600 BC (6)
With settlers coming due, I don't want to have to risk things. I take peace with the Vikings but the price went up to 160g.
(I) Harakaiki Asian Pinoeer->Tribal Guard.

1550 BC (8)
Joan get Math for 165g. We buy Bronze Wroking for 410g and then sell it to the Vikings and Ottomans for 230g.
(I)The French demand Naval Warfare and I refuse. They declare.

1525 BC (9)
Pukapuka is founded to get the incense.

1500 BC (10)
We have a Pinoeer coming due next turn, should grab the gems.

Attachments

• LK96-1500BC.zip
    148.5 KB · Views: 106
The French demand Naval Warfare and I refuse. They declare.
I don't understand why when you consider how paper thin our military is. IMO we should cave at until the expansion phase is over. More troops could cost us a city site.

Signed up:
LKendter
Sanabas
Meldor
Microbe (currently playing)
Romeothemonk (on deck)

They had no troops anywhere near us and giving up a tech seemed too much. I didn't think it would hurt our efforts.

meldor said:
They had no troops anywhere near us and giving up a tech seemed too much. I didn't think it would hurt our efforts.

Well the big question when the troops land is how much to do pay for peace?

I tend to be a proponent of early warfare, which you don't like. I think one of the biggest reasons that a lot of the SGs get into trouble is that they don't go to war early on and therefore they have nice cities but the AI has had time to go faster. The happy medium is best. Build and war in equal measure.

meldor said:
Build and war in equal measure.
It isn't even a question of building for war. We have no transport capacity to get to another landmass. IMO the war will be the Ottomans, and anything that distracts us from them is wasteful.

preturn: switch Tikei to Hardy Pioneer due in 8 turns. Don't know how many turns we have wasted.

1475BC: We meet America and they are backward.

Build embassy with Aztecs. Size 3, one lux, 4spt building Oracle in 32 turns. He knows Viking.

America and Sioux are at war and America is losing!

1400BC: Construction and Trade come in.

I buy Construction from Sioux for 202g. Construction gets Trade from Aztecs. Trade to Sioux for 102g. Sioux gets Civil Engineering.

1375BC: I set capital to granary.

IBT Korea starts Sphinx.

1350BC: establish embassy with Korea. Size 4, 3spt building Oracle in 40 turns. 1 lux.

Vikings: size 7! 6spt building Stonehenge in 11 turns. Elephant and horses. 2 lux.

Philosphy next turn and we could take Classic Education and trade.

We can mine now. One worker should mine the plain at our capital.

Attachments

• LK96-1250BC.zip
    158.8 KB · Views: 81
IHT: Man we are small.
Turn 1: Get Philo. get classical ed. Start the trading. Philo gets us civil engineering and 50 gold from the Sioux. Since Osman doesn't know anyone to know better, he gives us aristocracy, 5gpt, and 6 gold. Snag code of Laws, and get gold and gpt from nearly everyone. We are still the Tech leaders. Found Manahi on the hills.
Turn 2: Exploring.
Turn 3: Break our classical ed monopoly before it gets demanded away. Snag riding and seafaring and lots of gold. LK shouldn't fret, the French war is killing the french Econ. America is teching faster.
Turn 4: Aztecs get a gift of riding and a spot on my hitlist.
Turn 5: Sending new settler to the hill by the near horses.
Turn 6: Sioux extort 56 gold. Republic is out there now.
Turn 7: Snag the Republic from Osman for classical ed and seafaring. I am using workers to try and get commerce and shields in Haraiki.
Turn 8: How nice, the Ottos built Stonehenge for us.
Turn 9: Not much. Korea extorts 55 gold.
Turn 10: Now Demo has popped. We get Poetry in 3 turns.
Not much to say or do here guys. Expand like mad. Didn't see a single french unit on my set.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/LK96-1000BC.SAV

Top Bottom