1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Load Game" exits to main menu

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Rosty K, May 23, 2017.

1. Rosty K

Rosty K Chieftain

I'm trying to load my latest save, but after showing me the picture of a leader the game just exits back to main menu without saying anything else.

Any ideas what could be the reason?

2. rtk142

rtk142 Chieftain

I'm also having this problem. I can't figure out what's up and it's annoying. Anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do?

3. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I don't know for sure, but do you use mods that may have automatically updated through Steam? I believe (but don't know for sure) that this is what happens if you have save incompatible updates.

4. Rosty K

Rosty K Chieftain

I only used one mod, for numpad movement. Highly doubt that it got updated. I started a new game and things work for now, so I guess that save just got corrupted somehow. And I was so frustrated that I forgot to try an autosave from that game. Will try if it's still there.

5. Omega Alden

Omega Alden Chieftain

I ran into this with a save file on 1.0.0.220 (334528). The attached save doesn't load properly for me any more. The autosave from the same turn worked fine though. I do not have any mods enabled, and the only thing installed (but disabled) is CQUI.

1. Attempt to load this save.
    2. Loading begins.
    3. Sean Bean dialogue begins and you see the Korea loading screen.
    4. The loading screen exits to the main menu with the loading screen dialogue still playing.

Attached Files: