Loading error

inthesomeday

Immortan
So I just downloaded RFCE a few days ago and have been trying to get it to work. It's not loading though.

I can go from BTS screen to load it from the mod menu, and it exits out from the BTS screen and even goes to the loading popup, but then the screen turns black and stays black, the game never loads. I start task manager and see I get the error popup that says "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme".

What do you guys think the problem is, and how can I fix it? This mod looks awesome and I'd love to play it.

This usually means that the mod files are not where they are expected by the game engine.
So either the mod is not in the correct place, or the mod folder was renamed. Maybe there are duplicate RFCE folders.

As an example, the correct path to the scenario file is: .../Beyond the Sword/Mods/RFCEurope/PrivateMaps/RFCEurope 500AD.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

That was the problem!

It seems that I had put it in the wrong place; my problem is that I have two folders called "Beyond the Sword/Mods", one in my Steam Apps and one in my My Games document folder. This is because back in the day I had a CD version of the game, which I lost and replaced with a digital version on Steam.

Thanks so much for the help, looking forward to enjoying the mod!

Great!
Have fun with the mod :)

Top Bottom