1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

loading problems

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Gorian, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Gorian

Gorian Chieftain

well.. my computer is fixed.. BUT it still doesnt load properly.. it gets to done on the load screen... a few more tips flash by... then the game crashes.... i dont get the error message anymore sincemy $mft is fixed.. but i still get the same no playing civ 4 problem... can anyone help? i wanna play :confused:

2. Womf

Womf Chieftain

Hi ,

not sure if you mean loading the game or re-loading a saved position. If its the latter then one thing that works for me is to always start a new game and then load the previous saved game from within the new game. If I load a saved game from the main menu it crashes every time.

Hope this helps dude.

3. Gorian

Gorian Chieftain

uhm it doesnt mate.. thanks for trying but.. what my problem is.. i cant start a new game... on the loading screen for any game... it gets to done and crashes..

4. Womf

Womf Chieftain

Its a long shot but I find the game very unstable if I play anything apart from pangea maps. The size dosn't seem to matter - if its a pangea I can finish a huge epic game without a problem. Other type such as Continent tend to crash straight away.

5. Gorian

Gorian Chieftain

i got it to work... was the display drivers in the end... thanks to all that helped me... sorry if i wasted too much of your time... but i didnt think.... :p hehe neways.... catchas.. im too busy playing..