Loading -> regen alowed?

madmenno

Warlord
Forgive me if this is anwered somewhere, i did some searches and i got a lot of hits but not the anwer i'm looking for.

Each time my game gets rejected becaus of (replaying) but i am not. But is it alowed to play a couple of turns then load first (initial) save and regenerate the map? Becaus this is what i am doing all the time. I do like i nice starting spot (like most people i think) but i don't want to setup the map each time.

Thanks in advance!

Create a setup you want and start up the game. Save that game as your starter file but dont play that save. Whenever you want to regenerate the map, load that file and regenerate from there.

Thanks but...
It creates a save automaticly right? (initial<name><date> or something) can't i use that one? And/or when i regenerate from the save do i have to save it again in order to regenerate again?

What you mean by "don't play that save"? I can only regenerate that save and when i move one units i won't be able to legitly regenerate again from that save?

You can regenerate all you want but you can't do so past the first turn. So you can move your scout/warrior and settler around for their move but do not end the turn if you want to regen.

If you play a couple turns and go back to your previous save you are obviously replaying, thus getting rejected.

Forgive me if this is anwered somewhere, i did some searches and i got a lot of hits but not the anwer i'm looking for.

Each time my game gets rejected becaus of (replaying) but i am not. But is it alowed to play a couple of turns then load first (initial) save and regenerate the map? Becaus this is what i am doing all the time. I do like i nice starting spot (like most people i think) but i don't want to setup the map each time.

Thanks in advance!
Loading a 4000BC save and regenerating is perfectly fine as the map after regeneration is a different map.

Careful naming and management of your save files can help avoid unintentional reloading. There is a "Save on Exit" option on the Game options to assist players with this.

Have you had any games accepted?
try playing a single session game on the first start you get and see if that still gives you a problem, as then you definitely haven't reloaded accidently or whatever

When you regenerate, the new map doesn't automatically save again. You have to manually save the new map at 4000BC. I made this mistake myself and was rejected too.

When you regenerate, the new map doesn't automatically save again. You have to manually save the new map at 4000BC. I made this mistake myself and was rejected too.
... or use MapFinder to regenerate, MapFinder always create a starting save file so you must not care about forgetting to save a start file ...

... or use MapFinder to regenerate, MapFinder always create a starting save file so you must not care about forgetting to save a start file ...

That's true. They will accept the Mapfinder file as the starting file for a HOF submission.

Wow, map finder is a true blessing from the gods! 1 problem though... i cant see the saved files within the map finder program window. it does save the .txt, .jpg and thesave in the default (my games\civ_map_finder\saves) map. and i have set the directory to that same folder. Anyone knows how to load those saves into the map finder prog so i can see all info at once and load it from there?

Thx, didn't want to create a new thread for this.

ps. what does update save path do? i used it but nothing happend, i didn't screw anything up i hope....

That will change where the saved maps are appearing on your computer.

Top Bottom