1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

"Loading" screen sticking

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by tommybabs, Jan 22, 2018.

1. tommybabs

tommybabs Chieftain

Hi all,

I have Windows 10, patched Civ IV.

Yesterday Civ was running perfectly fine, no problems.

Today, whenever I start the game (vanilla or mods) it keeps going back to a Civ IV "loading" logo on top (see photo). I can click "beneath" it on the main menu, but during the game I get a black screen with this in the middle. The only way to remove it is to CTRL-ALT-DEL then cancel, but as soon as I click on anything (unit, city, leader, etc.) it comes back.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Tom

Attached Files:

2. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

I too am having this issue. Initially I fixed it by going full screen mode. However just upgraded my monitor. Now at 1440 display it has that loading screen in centre of game when I play. I don't want to reinstall as that was a huge PITA due to cd issues.

I guess you gave up on this? You could try lowering the screen resolution in the game. Might try this too in a bit.

3. tommybabs

tommybabs Chieftain

Hi Gumbolt,

I never give up on Civ... ;)

I had to reinstall, which took care of the problem. I make sure that I take very good care of that CD!

4. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

I downgraded the screen res 1 notch and I have the full screen version working again. Not sure I did anything wrong on the install. Hmmm,