1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

local/global Hapiness details

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Noak, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Noak

Noak Chieftain

Hi i was wondering if someone had constructed an easy readable list for what is local and what is global happiness? Or if anyone could aid me in figuring out what's what?

I mean circus/colosseum is obviously local happiness while luxes are global happiness
    but where do you put the bonuses from the different social policy branches?
    How about the bonuses from religion (like the +2 from temples local?).
    How about goddess of love (+1 happiness in cities with 6 pop)
    Ceremonial burial? global?

also if no one knows maybe we could make a list?

Edit: ok so here goes, i'll try make a list, i'll uppdate once in a while and i will only post things that have been surley tested
    Also note that the levels above prince have some increased values that will not be taken into account

Global Hapiness:
    Starting Hapiness: 9
    From each luxury reasource: 4
    From Natural Wonder discovery: 1

Local Hapiness

2. Scam

Scam Chieftain

I think the only thing to know about local happiness compared to universal happiness is that the happiness bonuses from buildings like colosseums/circuses cannot exceed the number of people in the city. For instance if you have a city with 5 population, you can have a coloseum (+2) and a circus (+2) and let's say you also built a theatre (+4?) you will only have +5 happiness total, even though the buildings add up to 8. If the city grows to 6 population, you will now take advantage of the unused 8 happiness from the buildings.

Global happiness has no parameters, +4 from luxuries is +4... A coloseum in city with 1 population will only yeild 1 happiness until the city grows to 2.

3. Noak

Noak Chieftain

yes i understand all that and its not what i'm asking,

what if you also had cermonial buirals (+1 hapiness from each city following religion)
    does that give +1global or +1local? its not as obvious, or as in your example would it push it to +6 from the city or would it stay at +5

4. Schalke 04

Schalke 04 Knappe

global:
    goddess of love
    sacred waters
    ceremonial burial
    peace loving
    asceticism
    religious center
    peace garden
    aristocracy
    meritocracy
    order opener
    protectionism
    cultural diplomacy
    all luxuries
    all wonders (natural, national or worldwonders)
    difficulty level

local:
    religious buildings (pagodas, mosques, cathedrals)
    military caste
    professional army
    humanism
    happiness buildings (colosseum, theatre, stadium)
    resource buildings (stone works, circus)
    police state

unhappiness reduction:
    monarchy
    democracy
    meritocracy (calculation is additive with forbidden palace)
    forbidden palace
    india's trait

the source is a German Civ-page. I did the translation, someone else can do the formating... :D I'm a little bit lazy at the moment ;)

5. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

I thought it was well documented that some of the World Wonders (Chichen Itza, Taj Mahal) produced local (not global) happiness....

6. Schalke 04

Schalke 04 Knappe

Maybe that applies to vanilla only and was changed in G&K? This Info was made for G&K.
    But to be honest: I am not entirely sure. Unfortunately I don't have my password for this German Forum (since the forum was hacked some time ago...) to ask if this info has been proved.

Perhaps someone here can approve it?