Local Wonders

REDY

Duty Caller
Well we all know Seven wonders of ancient world. Relatively recently was poll about wonders of the modern world. Wiki article about various lists here. There were and are CFC threads about them (for example now in World history section). But what about wonders of your country, state or region?

1-Statue of Liberty
2-Empire State Building
3-Gateway Arch
4-Mount Rushmore
5-Golden Gate Bridge
6-Hoover Dam
7-you could go with any one of the big buildings in Washington DC (i.e.-Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Capital Building, Library of Congress)

State:
1-Delaware Water Gap
2-High Point State Park
3-Pine Barrens
4-
5-
6-
7-

frankly I don't think NJ has that many great wonders even worth recognizing

as for region... my town/region has nothing worth while

Seattle has a giant troll under the Aurora Highway bridge.

State Capital
USS Constitution
Fenway Park
Harvard University
Boston National Historic Park
Copley Square
Museum of Fine Arts(one of the largest in the US)

The quality of wino at Finsbury Park Station. World class. The level of lunacy in the eyes of Mr "20 pence please". The best faux-busker in the world, full wet-look tash and a look of epic concentration as he stamps randomly and emmits random notes on the harmonica.

We have a famous golf course, Winged Foot. Supposed to be the toughest course ever or something.

Ringwood NJ, (where i live) has, according to local legend and the guinness world records, the wall with the most layers of paint on it...

The Rodney King beatings took place like 10 miles away from here.

Ringwood NJ, (where i live) has, according to local legend and the guinness world records, the wall with the most layers of paint on it...

But, but, there are plenty of walls a couple of millenia old. Painted walls.

Even if they really slacked off waiting for a nice day when they didnt have a lot on would they not have far more coats of paint?

They could even have waited until they had an idle teenaged son to paint it, once a generation, and still have a comfy lead.

I want evience dammit.

You might have heard of some of the following:

The White House, the United States Capitol, the Washington Monument, Arlington National Cementary, the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

State:

1. John Hancock Building
2. Plimoth Rock
3. Adams Birthplaces
4. T
5. Harvard
6. Walden Pond
7. Bid Dig

Dubai.
The Palm Islands
The World Islands
The Burj al-Arab
Hydropolis
The Burj Dubai
The Al Burj
The Trump International Hotel & Tower

I got da Golden Gate Bridge :p

I got da Golden Gate Bridge :goodjob: :king:
EDIT1: Mission San Francisco de Asís
Alcatraz
San Fransisco Chinatown
Golden Gate Park
The Presidio
SFMOMA
De Young Museum
The Exploratorium

That's all i can think of now (thats only one of da areas in ma 'hood :wink: )

Top Bottom