[Vanilla] Localization: Arabic translation

Overlord7

Chieftain
So, I really liked the game so I've decided to translate it into arabic with some other players. I wanted to test it first and i got the following problems:
- when i created another file named ar_EG.xml an the path \Base\Assets\Text , I wanted to start with the buttons and the homepage so i copied the whole content of the file "FrontEndText.xml" from the en_US folder and posted it in my new file, replaced all the "<Row * >" with "<Replace * Language="ar_EG">" and the "</Row>" with "</Replace>". Translated some of the text into arabic, edited the LocalizationDatabase_Data.sql added new line in the "Language" and "LanguagePriorities" withe the same exact pattern only editing from english to arabic.
Then i went to test it, opened the game and choose the arabic language, restarted it, when the game started the language became German, i checked the settings and it was arabic there but the characteristics showed as boxes "it happens with incompatible fonts", so i went to the Fonts folder, created a new .xml file just like the other files and put some arabic popular .ttf fonts in there. Edited the LocalizationDatabase_Data.sql with the new line for the fonts, tried to solve the German language problem by setting the priorities as 98 for arabic, 99 for english. Started the game again, it showed up in german, I went to the language options to see the compatibility problem so i found the arabic letters were shown in but not forming right, the arabic is rtl (Right to Left) language, and the letters can "join-up" together forming a word, means that the word itself is written right to left, but what was there isthe word's letters were "disjointed" and written from left to left forming an extremely incorrect hard to read word.
Am i missing something?

You have to add it manually to the file LocalizationDatabase_Data.sql then it'll show up in the game options (inside the game itself), note that with every change you do on the language you must restart the game to see the effect.

Ok, switching to German solved by deleting it lmao, but it went to Spanish *sad*. I fainally after re-writing my language.xml it worked! I wanted to know why so i did a little compare and turned out i was missing a single < , how comes that notepad++ didn't alert me by colorizing or de-colorizing it.. shame on you (notepad++).
About the reversed words i did use a miniscript that replaces the arabic alphabet into some kind of reversed similar Unicode charset (reversed means that the word and the words order also) but that charset does'nt support the arabic fonts (eg. TTF and OTF), so it's a temporary solution. Any ideas are extremely welcomed :3

Top Bottom