Location of audio folders

Hi

Does anyone know where I can find the audio files used in this game? I'm looking into package content but no audio folders to be found.
In CIV5, I replaced annoying jingles with .ogg files I created from OST records.

I'm trying to replace Sean Bean's quotes with empty silenced .ogg files, as I prefer reading the text myself. And prefer him to be gone all together. I am very much annoyed by this person after 2 games

Thanks!

ps: I can turn down the volume of speech in options, but then the leaders are muted as well

Also, something is greatly off with audio in this game. The looping and fades are done very poorly, and due to the lack of diversity in music, the game becomes a repetitive jingle fest. Most songs are poorly written and aimed for children with an interest in Happy Birthday jingles with boring and repetitive melodies. SO I'm gonna try and change these as well.
On a positive note, the music changes through out the ages. That's an interest detail, but listening to the same Wild West Cotton Eye Joe song for 1 hour is just not okay

EDIT: I found .wem files, so never mind...
(WEM: File created by Wwise (WaveWorks Interactive Sound Engine), a sound engine used for producing video game audio; contains audio data encoded in the Wwise proprietary format; uses a format that allows sounds to be modified in real-time during gameplay; may be packaged within a game archive rather than stored as a standalone game asset file.)

That's probably why the audio in this game is so buggy ^^

Last edited:
Top Bottom