(LOCKED) Going for Gold: Trade Routes

Is this item in a reasonable state of balance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Going for Gold: These threads are designed to lock down elements of the mod for the gold release. In other words, if approved, no further changes are expected for this item.

This thread will the various bonuses from Trade Routes

The question is: Is this item in a reasonable state of balance?

Important Notes:

1) There is no such thing as perfect balance.
2) The key is that each element is strong enough to have a niche, even if that niche is for very specific playstyles.
3) If you vote no in the poll, please comment on the elements you think are in an unreasonable state of balance.
4) If you vote yes, there is really no need to comment. The poll is the key note.

This poll is going to close soon, so far its the strongest Yes vote we've had. Any dissenting opinions?

Trade routes have gone through a lot of changes recently, and overall I think the TR system is solid.

I agree it would be nice if TR plunder scaled

Agree on trade route plunder scaling, though I previously assumed that fell under pillaging balance. 100 gold is a lot in the Ancient and Classical Eras and not very much by Industrial.

So, should TRs stay at 100/200*Era base, if they are going to scale?

Should they be reduced to 75/150*Era then?

Or, should the increased bonus on sea TRs be a flat amount? ie. 100*Era + 100 if Sea

What I can do since the pillage thread is still heavily under debate is move the TR pillage discussion there and then lock down this thread. Hopefully another one bites the dust soon!

50 + 50 * Era sounds best balance-wise to me, but
75* Era is OK as well (and easier to understand for players).

There are more TR in later eras (swiping a pineappley argument from the Pillage thread :))

Sea is harder to defend, so I don't think they should be more valuable.
Well, being a pirate was a hell of a lot more profitable than being a highwayman. I like how it is now, with sea TRs being more valuable. It just makes sense

Well, being a pirate was a hell of a lot more profitable than being a highwayman. I like how it is now, with sea TRs being more valuable. It just makes sense
I mean currently it is more profitable because it's easier. I just don't think we need to double-dip by making sea trade routes worth more money in addition to being easier to pillage.

I mean currently it is more profitable because it's easier. I just don't think we need to double-dip by making sea trade routes worth more money in addition to being easier to pillage.
Why not? Sea trade routes are often more profitable for their owner too. It seems fair that they would be riskier/more profitable to plunder

Top Bottom