Locking district cost

Peacefulturtle

Chieftain
First post here so, first of all, let me thank you guys for what have been learning over the years by just reading these forums.
I haven't had the time to read all and watch the videos about Civ VI, so really sorry if this has already been addressed.
We all know that district cost scales with techs (and civics) through the formula on the xml file, but what I didn't know is that once you lock a tile to a district it also locks your hammer cost.
So you can start a campus on a city at turn 50 locking the cost at around 100 hammers and finish it at turn 100 when districts are going for 200+ hammers.
The downsides are that the tile can't be used for anything else, it limits the ability to construct other districts and you might need to gold buy the tile to place it.

Would locking the cost down like this still increase the district cost for other cities? If so it's not that bad of an oversight.

It
Would locking the cost down like this still increase the district cost for other cities? If so it's not that bad of an oversight.
it probably would, but so far all we know about district cost is

For regular districts
Techs increase cost (different techs may increase tge cost differently)
Game turn/civics do not increase the cost
Number of districts hasn't been tested yet

So are you saying that Russia can deliberately lag in tech to get a lot of cheap Lavras, and then use Peter's ability to play catch up?

I must try that.

Only played one game so far and i'm on turn 120.
It seems to me that civics increase cost and that building districts doesn't.
Just by looking at what happens right after you have a new civic or build a new district.

Only played one game so far and i'm on turn 120.
It seems to me that civics increase cost and that building districts doesn't.
Just by looking at what happens right after you have a new civic or build a new district.
For a campus, civics don't increase the cost but techs do.
Other than that (and no change from game turns for campus) the formula is uncertain

Top Bottom