1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Loco Invasion Plans

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by DaveMcW, Jul 13, 2007.

1. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

So what's the plan?

2. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Are we going to wait until we have Rifling?

Cannons + Cavalry + Grenadiers is powerful. We'll need more ships, unless we're just going to walk over from Dune. That's the safe way, but they'll have more time to muster a focused defense. Alternatively, if they manage to sink a galleon that's pretty severe!

3. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Ok, how many galleons do we need in Dune?

4. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I think we Just walk from Dune...

They can't muster any defence agaisn't 6 Cannons & Cavalry.

This also gives us the power to hold all cities and press forward.

My plan would be at this moment trade for Constitution, to throw them off (givng them a tech that won't help)

And Our Current 6 Cannons & 2 Cavalry & 1 Mace should be the walking crew.

All units produced now ==> beyond jump on ships and land all over the place pending how the initial assault goes.

5. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

How about we do both?

We have 3 boats we could send down right now. They can hold 5 cannons and 3 macemen. Then have the cavalry march over by land.

We should give that combat maceman a medic promotion. Maybe we can upgrade a couple city raider maces to grenadiers too.

6. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Works For me.

What is the ETA??

7. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

We have the gold for upgrades, we just need the boats in place.

But I want to have Rifling close so we can draft riflemen for defense/reinforcements.

I also suggest we send most of our cavalry down to Dune. This strike force needs to be strong enough to march on the capital.

Oh, another thing. The units we are stacking near Dune need to be on a road.

8. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Can do which is the safest non visible tile (I can always figure it out too)

9. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Stack on the SpiceFarm 2S of Dune.

10. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

So we are going to have a stack of Dune. ;)

11. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Would a two pronged attack be good to distract them from to different angles? I was thinking that we could walk towards Dune with some back up from Ships and have a second force that will attack to the north at Delhi. I think that they will be expecting one of those two options, but not both, so it will get them by surprise. One thing we need to watch out for is an attack by Innovia, since they could come to the aid of the crazy people and cause us many headaches.

12. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

All the more reason not to split up our forces.

Any attack in the north would have to bring overwhelming numbers to avoid being shredded by collateral damage after landing. An attack in the north is much more resource-heavy than an attack in the South.

I think we should only attack in Loco's south, holding some troops back in case Innovia decides to invade our core.

13. Memphus

Memphus Deity

If we attack only the south out troops march together. Defenders get put into place with riflement (nationalism, and rifling hence DaveMcW's latest comments) this way we hold all cities we take. We push as far as we can with the ships bring new untis to join the forward march.

As far as innvoia goes, the can take cities unless they land units. Last tiem I checked we were getting into Frigate building mode ;)

14. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Next Turn our 3rd Boat will get to Sunrise.

I will begin sending The boats down so they can load / unload the appropriate units. As long as our Caravel confirms that Innovia has no eyes in the water to warn Loco.

As far as reinforcements go, do we want to send all new units to Sunrise and have the boats travel back there to pick up and convoy? (Cannons mostly comming from IK)

By my calculations Rifling should be 6 turns away now. So It will take 4 more to get all units in place. And then we should have rifling ready the turn we capture our first city :evil:

One last thing, next turn our two workers at dune finish 2 mines (giving it substantial production for a bit. We definetly need a road in the forest to the SE

15. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Are we going to keep any Loco cities? If not we should get settlers ready to claim the territory.

16. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

I thought that was the plan?

Switch to Nationalism, then draft Rifle defenders in every loco town we capture? Seems like a good plan to me – being as Loco is almost certainly woefully unprepared for us to attack them.

17. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Their Cities have high culture which sucks (many turns of Anarchy) But we should be able to march from one end to the other. And hold thier cities.

Because they all have nice population to exploit the :whipped: on it won't slow down our main army march.

Depending where the city is we might want to consider razing 1 or two, but the first one (mycenia or whatever) is a deffinet hold to me.

18. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Here's my idea of the Mycenean invasion force.

5 Combat II Cavalry by land.

8 units by sea.

Bay Guard: Grenadier (110g), City Raider II
    Sunset Safety: Grenadier (110g), City Raider II
    Sunrise Safety: Maceman, Medic
    Dune Cho-ko-nu: Grenadier (140g), Guerilla II
    4 Catapults: Cannon (800g)

Total upgrade cost: 1160g

If we can get a 4th ship in position in time, we can add 3 cannons/upgraded catapults for 400g extra.

We can upgrade all units inside Dune and load them onto a ship in the same turn.
    The second turn they can sail off and land on the hill.

Promotion notes:
    - You have to promote Bay Guard to City Raider II before upgrading.
    - Cannons should stay unpromoted until they are ready to attack.
    - City raider is a good cannon promotion if they have a decent chance to win.

19. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So with tha being the plan 1200 :gold: for Round 1 of Upgrades

and 1200 :gold: to rush through Scientific Method, that leaves us with nothing in the bank. Do we want to leave :science: off for another 4 turns to get the :gold: to upgrade the other catapults?

Also you said it is 400 :gold: per catapult but you had the total for 4 being 800 :gold: (inhertenly implying 200 :gold: each)

if so then we only need 600 :gold: to upgrade the other, meaning 2 turns to leave of research.

20. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

We only have 2 catapults left to upgrade (at 200:gold: each), the other 1 has to be a cannon. Or we could save money by sending cannons and leaving the catapults+gold in reserve.

It looks like we should leave research off until Oxford University finishes, because we need all the gold we can get. Ideally we would beeline through both Scientific Method and Communism!