1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Loco Invasion Plans

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by DaveMcW, Jul 13, 2007.

1. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I think we should leave the catapults (and :gold:) in reserve - just in case Innovia does something stupid. We can always change our minds in a few turns, upgrade, and ship them south.

Does anyone else think it might not be a bad idea to declare war on Innovia? If we DoW, that could spoil their current plans (whatever they may be), and if they are planning an invasion of us, they almost certainly would scrap those plans! Best to keep troops home if they think we're going to float some Cavalry their direction.

This would allow us to sink their Caravels... that's the upshot of DoW. It would also serve to distract Loco, for whatever that's worth.

2. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I am not sure if we want to declare on Innovia jsut yet. Until We have 2 frigates out there to sink their Caravels and received the exp then get a second level. Having 2 2XPromo frigates in the water and more on the way would be enough to sink any force they could send at us.

Otherwise if we do it now we have to use Galleons to attack which could lose to their Caravels.

I wouldn't be opposed to attacking them in 5-6 turns like i said when we have the frigates, but even then having two nations to war with is kinda tricky. Not to mention that would give Piffle a good reason to :backstab: us (make peace with Aloha and come our way instead) then we would be in a world of hurt.

3. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Actually our frigates get 6xp with Drydocks. :mischief:

Until we are ready to invade the Innovia mainland, a war is not in our interests. We should certainly be prepared for one though, because they might jump us while we're fighting Loco.

4. Memphus

Memphus Deity

For that reason how many units should we be leaving in our mainland? Cannons / Cavalry? Cannons are the best to wipe thier stacks when they land. but again the best way to stop an attack is to sink the ships :evil:

Oh right theocracy :mad: i always forget about that

5. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

I agree with Dave – let's not start a war till we're really ready. If we only declared on them, it might scare them briefly – but they'd soon figure it out when we declare on LOCO and start taking their cities. Upshot = we'd only encourage them to attack us even more than they will be anyway.

I'd much prefer to defend ourselves with Frigates (than with Cannon/Cavs at home). We've got a huge edge at sea being the only ones with Chemistry, and as much damage as a Cannon can do, that's nothing compared to sending the whole invasion straight to Davey Jones' locker.
    Innovia has to come at us over the sea… let's stop them right there.

6. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Ok, Good points.

Even though we'd like to sink a possible invasion force with Frigates in the middle of the sea, it would be prudent to leave a few cannons and a handful of cavalry at home.

btw - are we done supplying Piffle with Cavs? Are all the rest we produce ours to keep finally?

7. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Yep. We're done. :)

8. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

We should start moving Galleons towards Dune. There is a risk of Innovia spotting them, but at least they will only spot one a time if we start early.

9. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Here's my suggestions for the turn before invading.

Phase 1 - Move the following units into Dune
    Sunset Safety
    Heads Up
    Big Rock
    Catapult #1
    Galleon #3

Phase 2 - Promote the following units:
    Bay Guard - City Raider II
    Sunrise Safety - Medic
    Cho-Ko-Nu - Guerilla II

Phase 3 - Upgrade the following units:
    Sunset Safety - Grenadier
    Bay Guard - Grenadier
    Cho-Ko-Nu - Grenadier
    Heads Up - Cannon
    Big Rock - Cannon
    Catapult #1 - Cannon

Phase 4 - Load the following units into Galleons:
    Sunset Safety
    Sunrise Safety
    Bay Guard
    Grenadier #1
    Heads Up
    Big Rock
    Cannon #1
    Cannon #2
    Cannon #3

It's a bit hard to see which units are loaded, so it helps to cycle through each unit and make sure they have an "unload" button before you end the turn. Or you could just try loading a cavalry and confirm it fails. ;)