Loco / King Kong Embassy

Finally, we are willing to sell you our only source of Ivory if you think it will help withstand Innovia's camel archers.

... or something along those lines. Ivory is a strategic resource because it allows war elephants.

Oh yeah. In my haste I forgot that we only have 1 of those.

Version 2:
Dear Loco,

We must say that we were a bit disappointed to see Joe's comments in the UN – but it's not that big of a deal. Our relationship with Innovia isn't exactly "buddy-buddy" anyway.

We will be happy to agree to guaranteed peace with you as you suggested for the next 15 turns. Consider it done.

We'd also like to tell you that we have totally rebuffed Innovia's offer of a Non-Aggression Pact that they have been pressuring us for. (hence the recent strain in our relations) – we're hoping that, at the least, our implicit threat of force will keep Innovia from sending all their military down at you.

Finally, we'd like to suggest the idea of a resource trade again. The extra happiness and/or Health may be a great asset to you in withstanding Innovian pillaging campaigns.
We are even willing to go so far as to trade you our only source of Ivory if you think it will help withstand Innovia's camel archers.
Let us know if you're interested.

Good luck! And kill a few Innovians for The Leader!

- Foreign Minister General_W
Servant of The Leader
Epsilon Team!

That more like it?

I'm a little on the fence about the Ivory, to be honest. War Elephants could counter our Cavalry.... But then again, I'd much rather see the Camel Archers have a hard time. Innovia still needs Military Tradition before building them - but they're probably working on that right now.

But I guess on balance, I'm on board with the proposal. It will make them think that we really do feel sorry for them... about as sorry as I feel for a carrot before I flay it!! ;)

As soon as we declare war on Loco they lose the ivory and the ability to produce War Elephants.

However We would need another resource at the minimum (gold) for it as losing ivory will cost us 2 :) in the capital.

Other than that I am on board.

Ideal situation here: the two of them war for the next 20-30 turns while we build up military, then wipe them out :)

Here's the letter I'd like to send later today:
Dear Loco,

We must say that we were a bit disappointed to see Joe's comments revealing our involvement in warning you about the impending attack in the UN – but it's not that big of a deal. Our relationship with Innovia isn't exactly "buddy-buddy" anyway.

We will be happy to agree to guaranteed peace with you as you suggested for the next 15 turns. Consider it done.

We'd also like to tell you that we have totally rebuffed Innovia's offer of a Non-Aggression Pact that they have been pressuring us for. (hence the recent strain in our relations) – we're hoping that, at the least, our implicit threat of force will keep Innovia from sending all their military down at you.

Finally, we'd like to suggest the idea of a resource trade again. The extra happiness and/or Health may be a great asset to you in withstanding Innovian pillaging campaigns.
We are even willing to go so far as to trade you our only source of Ivory (in exchange for gold perhaps?) if you think it will help you withstand Innovia's camel archers.
Let us know if you're interested.

Good luck! And kill a few Innovians for The Leader!

- Foreign Minister General_W
Servant of The Leader
Epsilon Team!

EDIT: Sent 4/29/07 to Loco gmail

I like it, but I must mention one other thing about the Ivory:
We won't be able to build War Elephants for our invasion without it.

So maybe we should plan on cancelling the deal after 10 turns, unless we can arrange a second source?

But I'd say go ahead and send this :)

Looks Like the Pyramids as well as the Parthenon no longer exist....:rolleyes:

That is a huge hit for Loco, B and O must have been a big city to hosue those 2 wonders...

ouch :wow:

I don't think Elephants are a big deal for us - we can just do Pikes instead.

Sending now!
Late 4/29/07 PDT, to Loco gmail.

Note from Loco:
Hi,

First off, I am sorry for the comments I made in the UN, however Innovia sent a memo to us saying that they believe
there was foreign intervention so I thought the comments were nothing new to them and I didn't mention it was you, but
I can see why this upset you.

We thank you for your acceptance of the non-aggression pact with you at this difficult time.

We are still discussing the resource trade as at the moment we are trying to save every penny for upgrades
so we will get back to you on that.

Thanks again
Joe Harker
Foreign Minister of Loco

Weird and vague message from Loco…

Hi, sorry we haven't may contact for a while, we have been a little busy

This is really a plead for help form you who we consider as our greatest allies. Any help would be much appreciated currently as we are in a spot of bother.

We hope your great country can help us in our darkest hour.

Yours Sincerely
Joe Harker
Foreign Minister of Loco

Still – I think we should respond.
Here's my proposal:

Dear Loco,

We are both alarmed and saddened to hear that things have become so desperate! Unfortunately, our options for offering aid are a bit limited.

Perhaps if you could be more clear on what exactly the problem is, we might be able to find something we can do to help?

Let us know, and good luck!
- General_W
Servant of The Leader
Epsilon Team
EDIT: Sent to LOCO gmail.

Of course, I'm not sure we're actually willing to do anything to help?
But maybe we should be? If we can hurt Innovia and slow them down, it'll be easier for us to sweep in a pick up the pieces. If Loco goes down too easy, we'll have a harder job ahead of us.

Thoughts?

I'd like to send something back to them today.

Using our own units to slow down Innovia is a waste of effort. We will need all of them for the real invasion.

I think declaring war on Innovia while committing half our units to help Piffle is foolish.

So that leaves gifting resources as our only option.

I agree we should send them the note and see what they want....at least that will stall for a little while.

On another note, we are #1 in GDP, production, and Food :)

Memphus said:
On another note, we are #1 in GDP, production, and Food
sweet! At last our day has come! :lol:

DaveMcW said:
So that leaves gifting resources as our only option.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right.

Still, I'm going to send this note now and see what we can find out.

:salute:

letter back from Loco...
Any help, declaration of war, money for upgrades, units, we are fighting with barely nothing, and techs, ( particulary printing press for getting nearer to rifling), we would even pay for what we "borrowed" from you after the war if you want!
We have already lost one city, in serious danger of losing the city of Pennsylvania and we have spotted more boats and camel archers coming down the land bridge.

No mention of resource needs.
Do we offer that anyway, or just make up an excuse and say, "sorry"?
Or should we possibly consider some modest gold help?
I just hate to watch Innovia burn all those nice towns that we should be taking... :mad:

Is there significant harm in offering Printing Press?.... We could say that we will come up with a price soon, and that price could be a city (once we have started to move units to attack them, of course!)

Is there a chance that they could pass PP on to anyone else?

Could they realistically get to Rifling before we invade?... especially if we get them to sign over a city. I had my eye on Mycenae ;)

I agree that sending them printing press isn't a good idea. We really don't want to encourage technological development among our enemies.
And I can't imagine that Loco is going to willing to sign over a city to us… not even Mycenae… and really, it'll be much cheaper for us to capture that city than to pay for it with tech.

This announcement has me wondering if it's possible the war between Loco and Innovia is really over?!?
1889 said:
In a brief ceremony on an uninhabited island in the Gulf of Pennsylvania the Innovatopian war came to a sudden end. Innovia’s chief negotiator Carter Burke apologized for the invasion calling it “A bad call.”

Anyway, I propose this response:
Dear Loco,

We apologize for the delay in responding. RL issues have kept me really busy here lately.

1889's recent post in the UN has given us hope that maybe your war with them has ended?? This would be great news, if true!
Or is it some kind of cruel joke?

Unfortunately, The Leader, may he live forever, has decided against sending Printing Press :sad: - but we are discussing some military options to relieve the pressure on you.

In the meantime – is there a chance that you might find some extra resources helpful? We'd be happy to trade you some of our health or happiness resources if you think they would help?

Let us know, and kill some more Innovian's for us!

General_W
Servant of the Leader
Epsilon Team

Thoughts?

EDIT: Sent

Top Bottom