1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Logistics

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by tothePAIN, Jul 17, 2020.

1. DeAnno

DeAnno Prince

I think this is a sign that the Logistics promotion should disappear and the AI ships should be getting less warmonger bonus, myself, or maybe less free XP or less free production or less free supply. Countering fake difficulty with fake easyness is rarely the right move for the game as a whole. But that's a big change and a long road to go down.

Amask, CppMaster and vyyt like this.
  2. phantomaxl1207

phantomaxl1207 King

I would keep Firing Doctrine on the Siege side. I would like a 2nd level of Firing Doctrine, for that 1 shot power.

I would rather Infantry Ranged have Coup de Grace over Infiltrators. It's harder for them to be alone.

3. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

It's weird to have a promotion for attacking units on the Siege side, so I moved it to Field.

The Siege side does still feel weak right now. Maybe another upgrade to Volley/Siege II to hit Fortified units harder?

4. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Why? Siege is for killing cities, and Field has no city attack equivalent to Siege II + Volley. Seems that tree does exactly what its supposed to do.

5. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

"Weak" as in not enough choices. You're stuck with picking Cover II or Field I after getting 5 promotions (you don't want to pick Indirect Fire - that's another problem).

6. DeAnno

DeAnno Prince

I always prefer Field just because Siege class gets such a high bonus vs. Cities already that it kind of dilutes the strength of the promotion bonus.

7. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Without Volley/Siege promotions your siege units will barely scratch lategame cities, with or without Logistics.

8. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

Right now, in the current setup, you can go Field III, Logistics, Range, Volley and do good damage, but that requires level 6 and we shouldn't make it that easy to have ranged +logistics units.

@Rhys DeAnno

It's possible to win at naval fights without logistics. My previous statement was an exaggeration. Naval combat is one of the tougher areas in the game right now, because the AI's superior naval numbers are often determinative. For naval, logistics being behind only obtainable after the 5th promotion is fine.

The current setup, where the archer line can't get logistics until the 5th promotion and only after infiltrators, but siege units can get field III, Logistics, and Range, doesn't make sense and is imbalanced towards siege units.

9. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

I remember a suggestion some time ago whereby if a unit had Logistics, then it would only get XP from one of the two attacks. I'd actually like to see that - because one of the main reasons I take Logistics is precisely because it takes the XP generation of that unit and magnifies it to an unreasonable level, which is besides the huge bonus damage that's already been done.

To be perfectly frank, I'd rather see Logistics removed from the game entirely. To the XP point, I'd say the same thing about Blitz, but Blitz I would be more hesitant about removing entirely.

vyyt likes this.
  10. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

I wouldn't mind the xp change.

Blitz is a bit of a different story (I don't usually get it and now maybe I should try it) because it's for melee units.

I started this thread because the state of access to logistics for different units types is varied right now in an inconsistent way. It seems there is agreement on that, and on not gating logistics behind infiltrators.

11. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Blitz is often balanced by the damage you take when you hit. So while your attacking more you often have to heal more too....so it tends to not be such a strong increase. Logistics if your playing the ranged unit right its literally double the xp.

Vhozite, tothePAIN and DeAnno like this.
  12. DeAnno

DeAnno Prince

Yeah, I think Blitz is very fair, it's high risk high reward.

13. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Wouldn't the simplest solution be to simply add a "-50% XP earned" effect to Logistics? The opposite of "Fast Learner" or whatever it's called.

Rekk likes this.
  14. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

My skirmisher mod has that, but I'm not sure how it interacts with AI bonus XP %. And that one Autocracy tenet and Oil strategic monopoly.