Loki? What is he?

jimi12

Half Jedi
So how come there is no information about loki? we dont even know if hes human. I think a cool story for him would be that he was a demon/half-demon or he was dreamt into existence after hemah travelled through balseraph lands. The demon/half-demon thing might be an easy tie in with Keelyn also. Any ideas?

that would be a cool idea too. if he left behind some abilties at mind magic, that could explain how Loki is able to subvert foreign populations to under Balseraph control.

I have always wodnered, how does loki go about sucking out culture and flip cities? he could use mind or chaos magic or perhaps just old-fashioned propoganda. They see how fun he is and he speaks of the wonders of the Balseraph nation and they agree to follow. Many questions...

Not really anything has been said of Loki, outside his 'pedia entry. I don't remember him coming up in any of the lore type discussions

I like to think he is just ol Perp's mind wondering around the realms. Being mind magic others can "see" as an illusion. Thus were Loki is so is Perp's power of mind magic working on the people in it's vicinity. This is also my way of explaining why Loki can be killed in cities. Granting that Loki is an effect of Perp's mind powers, if the people bind together to reject Loki's influence then he simply no longer exist. This could damage Perp's mind to a point that he can no longer form the illusion of Loki.

In the Norse mithology, Loki IS a god, an evil one.

Analogue to "our" Esus, too.

But in "our" Erebus mythology he cannot be one of the original fallen ones, because we already know all of them.

He could be one of their Angels, though. Those created to serve as soldiers led by the relative Archangel.

Maybe one of Esus ones...

It would be quiet good for both the original mythology than for Fall from Heaven one, as Loki is the evil good of deception, so it "fits" perfectly as Esus fellow.

This is a proposal, btw. ;-)

Loki is normally described as the god of mischief rather than deception. That would make him more like Tali than Esus. Loki wasn't really considered "evil" either (not until Christianity became a dominant religion and he came to be associated with Satan), just a trouble maker. Tali was created by The One specifically to make things interesting by causing mischief and being comic relief, so his antics (while often annoying or even harmful) are not evil or malicious.

I am not agree.

As I know, Loki troubles were malicious, and not made for just "comic relief", but for an actual purpose.

Anyway, the matter is which position he should have in "our" mythology, and considering is Alignment (not casually a hero of an evil civ) and features he should be quiet good as a favourite angel of Esus, imo.

you know, i'm kind of agreeing with Avahz on the whole "projection of perp's mind" thing. Makes sense, when you think about it.

I agree with Avahz with a simpler way of looking at things: could he just be a "puppet" of Perpentach?

maybe. I mean, maybe he does really have that much mind power, to actually send a projection of his mind out in a form like that, even if the distance might be extremely long.

You are not supposed to acctualy find out who or what Loki acctualy is, but it amuses him to watch people trying to figure it out. ;)

When did we decide that Loki was definitely male?

I doubt even the 'pedia knows for sure.

well, since kael wrote it, it's probably right. Or you could ask him Loki's gender directly.

Pedia does not equal Kael. And for the record, "he" can be used when the subject's gender is unknown.

i thought you used it? Well i do, anyways. And besides, Loki's attire does not strike me as the kind of thing a woman would wear.

Top Bottom