1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LOL. I like it when the AI tries it on!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Socratatus, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

I get Egypt contacting me...

Egypt: "Let`s trade. I give you horses and you give me cotton, wine, salt, diamonds and 400 gold."

Me: "How about I just give you horses for wine?"

Egypt: "That`ll do."

or after a long war with Harold Bluetooth, where we are both exhausted of our armies and I decide to have peace and Harold says:

"Total surrender seems reasonable to me. How about you give me 3 of your cities?"

Me: "How about we just have Peace and that`s it?"

Harold: "Er- ok."

I wonder how many people the AI Leaders have tried it on with and conned them out of more than they should have?

2. digrosz

digrosz Dirty Frank

Well, Harald is known for his never-give-up state of mind.
    But of course, he changing plans in one second is a little weird

3. Rathelon

Rathelon Prince

They try that stuff with me, I tell them to pack sand.

4. Razor Rex

Razor Rex Chieftain

I get bothered when they ask for something for nothing.

"I'm sorry to ask, but I need 1500 gold." You aren't offering anything in trade???
    How about no... lol

5. MerchantCo

MerchantCo Merchant

Once the AI asked for 5k gold...

...and that AI was my neighbor, so he could have betrayed me at any moment.

6. Strategist83

Strategist83 King

"Unfortunately things aren't going so well over here... Can you spare me 5000 gold, friend?"

- No, sorry

"THAT IS DISAPPOINTING!!!"

- They have denounced us!
    - They believe you are a warmongering menace to the world!
    - You refused to help them!
    - You are at war!

7. digrosz

digrosz Dirty Frank

- They don't want anything to do with us right now!

8. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Oh yea, another one that gets me is when you ask them for something like sugar (in my case) for ages and ages and they totally refuse, no matter what you do. Then a couple of turns later they want you to give them cotton for free cos things aren`t going well over there. You ask for sugar in exchange and they say it`s unacceptable!

Whaaat??

No cotton for you then, m8.

9. Strategist83

Strategist83 King

10. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Hmmm. Interesting. But I`ve had the AI give me gifts without wanting anything back.

11. ilik

ilik Chieftain

Usually when they do that to me they are either begging me for help or I'm the weak kid who they want to bully lol

12. Walter R

Walter R Great Engineer

My personal LOL is when the AI just can't see it's losing. I'm in the endgame in current game, going for a Dom victory, playing as England with a powerful fleet, one capital left to go for (Monte's) and I'm currently at war with Arabia - I go to negotiate peace with Harun and his greeting is "Come to beg for mercy?". Ha Ha, so I take Damascus in one turn in reply. He now has no units at all. Next turn he's still giving it "Tired of battle?" so I take his remaining continental city (Basra) - now he has one crappy little 2 pop city left on a tiny island. I've had enough of this, my sides are now aching from his witty repartee so I start sailing away towards Montezuma's territory - and then next turn he's suing for peace. Madness! But funny.

13. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Omg I forgot how much I missed those interactions. Will try that mod out after i'm done in my current game.

14. newarkinvaders

newarkinvaders Chieftain

This actually should read as "Would you like to pay x amount for a strong diplomatic bonus with us"

15. Qbone

Qbone Chieftain

Except they usually use that gold to buy an army and try to overtake you when the declaration of Friendship ends.

16. njmfff

njmfff Prince

every.single.time. AI has higher GPT then player, has more gold then player, has few extra luxuries... Then gets all punk and begs for luxury you just improved or ask for 80% of your gold\gpt. :mad:

or... "Can we be friends?" Sure. Next turn "friend, could you give me all your gpt, things aren't going well over here" .... :mad: buzz off stupid sponsorship Siam I am not your mother. :lol:

17. PreLynMax

PreLynMax Your Lord and Master

I hate it when in the very early game the AI wants me to buy them passage for their pathetic emesseys. No, I don't want you infidel moron in my borders. I don't give out cash. No. I'm broke right now, I'm only making 1gpt. Piss off and take your crappy spy with you.

18. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

I find it especially annoying when you just finish your plantation and someone is asking for it for free- before you have even had a chance to trade it with anyone.