London Journey

MamboJoel

Cool.
Hello, I'm preparing a small weekend in June for a friend that is getting maried in August this year. He is, well, "kindly" anti-english so we're going to make this surprise : he's never been accross the Channel.
The idea is to make him visit as much anti-french spots. Of course arriving at Waterloo station is a good start but I'd be glad to have more ideas from guys in London on this very concept : anti-french sightseeing. ;)

Hello, I'm preparing a small weekend in June for a friend that is getting maried in August this year. He is, well, "kindly" anti-english so we're going to make this surprise : he's never been accross the Channel.
The idea is to make him visit as much anti-french spots. Of course arriving at Waterloo station is a good start but I'd be glad to have more ideas from guys in London on this very concept : anti-french sightseeing. ;)

Trafalgar square!

DAMN YOU COMRADE DAVO! ;)

Arriving at Waterloo is a good start, but when St. Pancras International opens in sept you would have been able to ride through the development of the Olympic site! You could still go and have a look around but frankly the area is such a dump they are going to bulldoze it for the Olympics... Still better than Paris aparently ;)

I guess the 1.5h to Portsmouth is probably too long to see the Victory, but it's worth keeping in mind.

The Curry Houses in Brick Lane could provide food for thought on the the Seven Years War. With a better result Paris might have better Curry Houses?

Force him to eat at a greasy spoon. Take away? Has to be a chippy. Take that Cordon Bleu boy.

Does anywhere in Britain sell Freedom Fries?

Are you sure he didn't nip over earlier and burn the Cutty Sark?

EDIT: Only McDonalds and other American cultural exports sells French Fries. Everyone else sells chips.

Are you sure he didn't nip over earlier and burn the Cutty Sark?

EDIT: Only McDonalds and other American cultural exports sells French Fries. Everyone else sells chips.

I've seen them advertised as chips some places though.

London dungeons? not very anti french no but still a good laugh :D

I beat you to it, I win at Britain! :yeah:

@MamboJoel - Take him to the natural history museum as well....not really anything to do with France but it's cool and most parts of it are free!

Yes, this museum I wanted to go to anyway. I went only once a decade ago and I kept a very good impression.
Thanks for the help all of you...

Buckingham Palace
Nelson Coluem
HMS Belfast and The Tower of London

Vichy.
Edit: NM, Misread the opening post. Take him to Vichy when he gets back.

Take him to a bar where the skinheads hang out and have his ass kicked. :D

Make him watch the Rowan Atkinson film; "Johnny English"
and a few Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear reviews of french cars.

Top Bottom