London wins!!

Lambert Simnel

One across
London will host the 2012 Olympics.

Personally, I'm really pleased, though the transport system (which is a worry at the best of times) will be a serious threat to a successful games.

What do others think ?

Personally I'm also pleased. While I'm not that fussed about some of the sports themselves (i won't be snapping up tickets for the handball competition), a lot of proposed improvements to London's transport were predicated on winning the games, so they'll happen now, and some of the events are scheduled to take place within a few hundred yards of where I live, which is quite exciting.

Cool. Three threads about this. :D

Personally I don't care that much about this. It's not a World Cup or something like that...

So Lambert was the first poster to obey the rules, I thought the thread should go in OT and then eventually get moved into Sports Talk after half a day :)

Dell19 said:
So Lambert was the first poster to obey the rules, I thought the thread should go in OT and then eventually get moved into Sports Talk after half a day :)
The decision is more about politics and economics than about sport. ;)

Yay! Congrats to London for getting the Olympics!

chancellor_dan said:
People seem to be missing the point of the whole thing...Getting it right up the French!

I agree. I've seen alot of people post on here about the needless 'French-Bashing' goes on and then their President, who is the appitome of French Arrogance, makes snide remarks about Britian like he did not long ago.

If I was Tony Blair, I'd be flashing the V's at him from across the table at G8!

:goodjob: :(

Ironically this comes on 200th anniversary of Trafalgar...

It would have been unbearable if a smug Chirac arrived at Gleneagles ....but now i suspect he'll be hiding in the corner.

Just seen Parisian mobs practically molesting a BBC reporter and disrupting one of his interviews. One could hardly imagine the British public behaving in such a way.

chancellor_dan said:
Just seen Parisian mobs practically molesting a BBC reporter and disrupting one of his interviews. One could hardly imagine the British public behaving in such a way.
:lol:
Good one. :D

Hot off the press,
a photo from Paris,
What a shame :D

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 83
classical_hero said:
Congratulations. At least this thread is civil.

This thread is civil? Where are all the troll threads? :joke:

Top Bottom