Lonely Hearts Club Bullpen

Yup, maybe I will do this for Civ V ... atleast the WB in Civ V is far more user friendly than civ IV one. The problem is that it doesn't like to save anything besides the terrain ...

Maybe I'll do that ;) I just have to convince myself to spend a saturday morning preparing maps, like I did every other saturday during 2 years :/

Why don't you just... let me do it?

I am thinking of going back to BTS also but will stick it out for now.

On topic to rolo. Civ V is a much different animal regarding isolation, and I believe there is a bigger benefit to isolation than non-isolated. With no tech trading there is not much benefit to meeting AIs except for happiness trading. Also playing with 1 or 2 cities while wonderspamming and no military threats is pretty easy, and military can be added later for defense by simply buying/uprgading what you have without fear of the stack of doom amphibious landing.

JUst food for thought before you go through the work.

On topic to rolo. Civ V is a much different animal regarding isolation, and I believe there is a bigger benefit to isolation than non-isolated. With no tech trading there is not much benefit to meeting AIs except for happiness trading. Also playing with 1 or 2 cities while wonderspamming and no military threats is pretty easy, and military can be added later for defense by simply buying/uprgading what you have without fear of the stack of doom amphibious landing.

Agreed, in many cases in Civ V, especially at higher difficulties, it can be beneficial to be isolated. You don't have competition for good city spots, don't have to maintain a military of any sort (besides a unit or two to deal with barb encampments), so you save gold on the upkeep, and don't fall significantly behind in research from where you would be with trading partners. The downsides are that you don't get a few techs you otherwise would have from research agreements, and you're potentially limited if you get unlucky with what resources you have access to and what city-states are nearby.

LHC was a really good learning experience for civ IV, but I don't think that the same would hold true in V.

Hi.

I recently found out that all your LHC games dont work until you bound them into Zip files.Which work. May you plz fix.

I mean your games where you can chose between difficulty points.The pages cant be displayed.

Thank you

Top Bottom