Long range bombardment!

ArataWata11

Chieftain
In my last game session post patch. my two neighboring civ were at war. I saw AI city bombarding attacking enemy unit 5 hexes/tiles away from said city. :eek: I thought at first new hidden feature from the post patch. :) however, on my second look, the unit being bombard was actually within 2 tiles from the city but the unit icon appeared 5 tiles away from the city. :D Civ 5 version of unit teleporting. :confused:

Graphics error, get a screenie and send it to the bug-reports forum.

I sometimes had ruins following me on the screen, but that problem didn't happen my last game, which I finished.

I've had things like boats, tile improvements and units all get stuck on the screen and move around. Could have been something like that

I think it would be cool if Civ5 added teleporting catapults. It would add more military options as well as just being cool. Two squares is, in my opinion, unrealistic. A catapult would surely be able to at least have a range of 5 squares.

Were the arrows or rocks coming from fog of war? Maybe there was a closer unit that wasn't revealed.

I've been seeing this as well. The unit is within the bombardment radius of the city, and sometimes even the unit's icon is on the space it's supposed to be on, but the unit's graphic appears 3-5 tiles away.

I also don't have a screenshot sadly, but if I see it again I'll do my best

I have seen this loads. It usually clears up at the end of the AI's turns though.

I think it is to do with the reduced turn-time. So it tries to do the movement and combat at the same time.

I am by no means any kind of programmer so no idea. It is a minor bug but at least not game breaking like some of the others. It only seems to affect the A.I attacking the A.I as well. I have yet to have it happen to me or within my boarders.

I still get the odd graphical glitches (sheeps getting printed onto the screen) but a flip between strategic view then back to normal seems to fix that one.

I noticed that last night. AI was firing and hitting 5 tiles away. Fog was lifted all the way to the target, but was covered one tile past it. It happened several times as the city was under siege. It is modern era, and AI has RA. I thought they had modified the range on modern units, as I hadn't seen it before. It kind of made sense that modern era arty can shoot farther than a catapult. I'd be disappointed if it is a glitch.

modern artillery has always fired farther than catapult in CIV5 .

I've only noticed this strange bug of units firing from extreme range when moving the map very quickly or after alt-tabbing and the game is re-drawing the graphics. Assume its a display bug , only seen it very rarely and never in a combat im involved in.

Yesterday I saw an infantry unit being attacked, whilst the unit itself was hovering on the ocean.
I didn't want to take a screenshot though, because last time I pressed F12, my game loaded a completely different save file and I had to replay the last 30 turns <.<

I also saw a City State bombard a unit from 5 tiles away. It was pretty strange... I thought there may have been a range upgrade for cities, or something, but it turns out there isn't. xD

Top Bottom