1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Long term future plans/strategy.

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by I. Larkin, Jan 26, 2011.

1. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Not sure about strategy TGL in general but if we go this way we may build it in Camelot after Marketplace. That mean we research Currency first, using something as pre-build.

2. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

I started Currency so that it will finish just in time before the 100 shields for the Marketplace are ready. At size 10, Camelot can make 30gpt, so after only ~20-22 turns the investment of ~330 beakers for Currency will already have payed off, and we will certainly need that long for the GLib. And we can run Camelot at a bigger size, so will catch up the "lost turns" for the Marketplace and finish the GLib roughly at the same time as without the market.

3. Memento

Memento The World is mine

Ok, thats good

4. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

However, if anarhos start war we may reconsider this plan and have markets + barracks.

5. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I hope everybody care about diplo situation and can understand, that Anarhos may declare at any moment. I will try to balance frigile peace as long as possible, but I am not sure. Most probably we will have no trade with them. In this case TGLib is a reasonable option. Also, probably, they will DoW to us. Therefore we must be ready. We need road to Tobacco City and some good units. Chariots will be useless at war vs swords and Hoplits.

6. Memento

If camelot build TGLib we have the problem that everybody can see that we will build a wonder. only libary as prebuild is possible.

7. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

lurker's comment: i just want to underline and repeat what Ivan said here: you need a road to the future front. i was surprised to see that the worker did not move onto the iron hill to road there. you will need one there now.
    t_x

8. Lanzelot

If we have the time, we can send our reg warriors to the barb island for "vet & elite training". We'll soon have two galleys there. Depends on how long we can keep the peace.

9. Memento

reg warriors to elite? better we send NMs. but we must build more Deff.
    camelot can build NM in 3 t before we go to wonder?!?

10. Lanzelot

Sorry, I meant our reg swordsmen...

11. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Only if we stabilize diplo situation.
    If situation critical we can rush NM near front.

12. Memento

i think the situation is more than critical. i will ask anarchos about lux trade.
    no trade=nearly war

13. Lanzelot

Let's assume for a moment, the Anarchos really drop out of the game. What should we do then? My idea is something like:
    • Continue the cooperation with Küche anyway.
    • Help them eliminate the Eagles (and get some of the Eagle's land/resources in the process...)
    • Decide the winner of the game in a friendly space race (as had already been suggested by Cotta/justanick).

We will soon need to talk to the Küche about the current situation, so I'd like to get your opinion. In any case, I'm not willing to start a war against the Küche after all they have done for us. So we should find a strategy that gives us winning chances while keeping a "peaceful coexistence" with the Küche.

In short term we should of course start GLib in Camelot immediately, rush another granary somewhere and use that town and Tintagel for cranking out settlers and settling the continent quickly?!

14. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

I agree "not declare to Kuche". If they agree not to settle on our continent. Even with our help Eagles will be the "nut". Theoretically France have an advantage in production, but we in Science.

However, until I see Viking face at F4 screen I'd not start TGL and Market near Golden hill.

15. templar_x

it is so absurd and funny that Lanzelot maintains that it was OUR fault that the diplo with this psycho did not function. :lol:
    i mean, he is really doing EVERYTHING to get you back into reality, but one still has to realize by himself that there were some people who saw the obvious much earlier, while other failed to do so. justanick is obviously one of those who realized it already, Memento another one, and it is very likely that some of the Eagles players and even some players of the Anarchie team themselves (!) by now got it, that they were taken in by the obvious lies of a false prophet.

since THEY broke every agreement, and even consider to leave the game, it may be a possibility to ask the Anarchie TEAM whether they would be ready to compensate the damage they have done before they drop. make such a proposal, especially for towns, in-game and in the forum. like, they would surrender some of their towns, for the pop they have cost you, and the techs that you already would have or should have got from them. then they simply disband the rest of their towns and try to leave in the last bit of grace that may have been left. of course they would have to overrule the egomaniac leader for that, but it does not seem that he has too much support left anyway.

t_x

16. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

17. Lanzelot

Excellent! This will make my job on the diplo side much easier.

If you read the thread "Diplomacy with the Anarchos" carefully, you will see that I realized that they are "strange" around the same time as you did: at the beginning of April. See for example posts #126 (yours on Apr. 6th) and #144/147 (mine on Apr. 7th).
    We only differed in our opinion about what would be the best way to deal with these maniacs. As everybody can see now, your way of dealing with them completely back-fired, while I still claim that had we dealt with them "my way", we would have gotten a perfectly playable game.

BTW: I just read the early parts of that "Diplomacy with the Anarchos" thread again, and now I really wonder, what those "solo runs" (Alleingänge) that you and Memento accuse me of, have been?? The NAP? -- I found posts from you, Ivan and Memento who were pro the NAP. The Rep/MA tech deal? All of you said yes to that as well. :confused:
    The only time I posted something that was not discussed in advance and agreed on by the majority, was this post:
    http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?p=4222089#post4222089
    But I only did it, because your "solo runs" in the preceding 4-5 posts had completely ruined everything. (BTW: none of these posts of yours had been discussed with the team! Just like Memento's insulting posts later on. So who is the one who did damage to our team with their solo runs??) And my post had been the last desperate attempt to repair, what could still be repaired.
    Anyway, I am not saying that what you said in these posts was wrong. I agree with you in most of these points. I only say that it was stupid/counter-productive to tell the Anarchos these things and that it did a lot of damage to our team.
    Probably you felt offended by this sentence of mine:
    because it indirectly suggests that you did not stay factual and correct ("sachlich und korrekt")? Well, I had to make some "sacrifices" if I wanted to get them back to the table... (Even if the only reason for that would have been to buy us time until we are prepared for war. Remember: at the point I posted this, we had already decided on leading war against them! There was no need for you and Memento to infuriate them so much that they even attack us during Despotism and before the end of the NAP... Turns out that my gut feeling has again been quite right.) And I had announced to you in advance "that I needed to be a little rough on you", if you wanted me to try and repair some of the damage. (Remember: I had already given up on diplomacy with them. I only went back there and posted that, because you asked me to.)

One last point: whenever you come back to these forums here, no matter which topic Ivan and me are currently discussing, you always post something like "how stupid Lanzelot was, and how you would have known everything better". I think we have heard that often enough now. I have forgiven you and Memento the damage that you did in the "diplo theater". Can't you simply do the same and put an end to that quarrel? There is no use in repeating all this again and again, we will probably never reach the same opinion here... Usually I am always ready to admit a mistake, if I made one (as you can see in this game: whenever I did something stupid or when Ivan, you or Memento had a better idea about some game-mechanic issue etc, I was the first to admit that). But in this particular point I can't see any mistake in the strategy I had planned, even after thinking about it for several months now. The Anarchos are quite maniac/unbalanced, and it would have been not too difficult to take advantage of that (had we not been so unbalanced ourselves).

18. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

We could not say "NO" to NAP. But I tried to explain that with d7 we may consider that NAP is the fake deal.
    In the form it was "done" I was disagree. We must agreed with them on our way of coexistence first and only after "sing" a contract Rep - Ma tech.
    Indeed. It is easy to be clever "after"... But situation was hopeless. All 4 approaches we tried did not work. Suppose we met group of slightly drank and aggressive teenagers at dark street. And they ask us "cigaret or something". The most funny thing was start to argue with each other how to deal with them. The best way was to reduce communication to minimum. But that not always work.
    Did not know about this post even "after". Now I understand what you meant....
    Really? Still, in retrospect, have no idea how. If we would go your way Anarhos would have I-G, Republic, we could disbanded warriors and they caught us out of sudden straight away at the same time.

19. templar_x

yup, this is how it works. only that there is no repetition, but all the time there is new evidence of how wrong your assumptions and actions were back then. so when new things pop up, like d7´s latest ego trip, i point that out. because you had kept telling us for weeks what a nice guy he in fact was and how good it could be to work with him, if we only let you run the diplo (your "diplomacy of gifts and promises").
    there is absolutely nothing to "forgive" Memento and myself, because there was a majority against working with this psycho already. and that was proven absolutely correct, on several occasions, even by a breach of a NAP :eek:; to everyone but you. simply for technical reasons we had decided to make another brutalo approach to bring him or his team to their senses. did not work with him. same i am trying with you here. don´t work either. team-egomaniacs obviously do not react to such measures.

t_x

PS: Lanze - ja, nachdem Lokis Stil, auf den du die "vernünftige Diplo" oder so etwas in der Art geantwortet hast, in genau dieser Art war, war das eine Frechheit. ich würde nie mit einem solchen Spieler in einem Team spielen.
    interessant ist, dass derzeit in d7s und Lokis Posts wirklich JEDER erkennen kann, was du dich - verliebt in deine fixe Diplo-Idee und deinen Plan - zu erkennen geweigert hast. Deren Stil ist völlig unverändert, aber hier haben wir wohl unterschiedliche Zugänge: ICH habe lieber den Ruf, MEIN Team zu verteidigen. Das kannst du leicht daran erkennen, dass ich hier in unserem Thread dich zwar scharf kritisiere und das meiste, was du getan hast, für Quatsch halte, aber nach außen nicht eine Silbe der Kritik erwähnt habe. Ist aber halt auch eine Stilfrage.

20. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

1-2,4. It is strange that Eagles do not understand that. If they have education we still may use TGL. Worst case scenarion if anarhos or eagles will build TGL and disband City with it before we capture it. Therefore it is not a good idea to pospone it for long time. IIRC GA will ends soon. I'd use 30 spt for Horses, and after end of GA 2-3 Archers (20spt). Then to TGL.
    Another idea to start in Montslavat now (lib-city...) but may be it is too slow.
    3-4. Sure, friedship with kuche is our only chance now. However we must not demonstarte it openly not to make eagles suspicious. For the same reason Kuche should not show to Eagles our frienship.