Long term future plans/strategy.

@ Lanzelot - did you try pink as 2nd town after the cap? only then this corruption quota should apply, 22,35% for it as 3rd and 26% as 4th town. or am i wrong here?

@ Ivan - 2) seems logical to me with so high corruption after a few settlers. bad thing is only that we already built that gran there... so maybe have some settlers and maybe workers just to have it pay off while we build up e.g. pink town as new factory, chopping some forests in for the gran.
alternatively to 1) i would suggest, what i do in my single games and appears to show good results there: move the 2nd ring further out! (and the 3rd, if there is one)
this allows the inner ring to be closer, thus suffer less corruption (just if you wondered why my core is so dense sometimes), but allowing those towns to work mainly tiles OUTSIDE of their ring border, up to the next ring. those towns work the tiles between the 2nd and the 3rd ring, and so on until everything is totally corrupt.

Maybe everyone does that and it is an old story, or it is total nonsense, or it soon will be called the T_x settlement pattern.

;)

templar_x

2) this is "long term" plan. At Republic we may have SF at regime 8-10 for capital.
In single game it is good with few WH.
T_x pattern may work if second ring not very corrupted.

@ Memento - discussion is about free tech currently, and of course the next tech to research after that.
ohh, i thought after the freetech.

freetech.. hmmm, MM or CoL

I think Col is the better way. Next Rep

i am :confused:

first you fear that horses may come for us. then you want to set us on a 30+ turns trip to Rep without researching a military tech first?

as i said, i´d like to go for WC first, then Rep.

templar_x

I am more fear of Immortals. I think after free tech we need WC first. We may have few archers to support our defense. However, secret service says that all develop in "normal way". Less clear about free tech. Map Making most expensive and may increase our mobility and give an access to islands (if any). Unfortunately in next few turns we will not gain any information about usefulness of Map Making. So it is 100% gambling... But in combination with amphibious archer MM is a great power...

EDIT: Curragh better North for "global" understanding + contacts...

i am :confused:

first you fear that horses may come for us. then you want to set us on a 30+ turns trip to Rep without researching a military tech first?
yes i had fear because i didn´t saw the last 15-20(?)Saves.
After i take some looks into the newest saves i have no fear.

the other teams have only 2-3 towns, they must connect ress,they must build rax and build some units. if they do all this things they can not build a good empire and i don´t believe that one of the others have interest in an early war.
the mapsize is another point against my fear.

if we have the first contact, many small tech's cheaper. So why waste something? rather then full throttle towards rep.
Edit: we are 1st in Military with 2 warriors.

But in combination with amphibious archer MM is a great power...

maybe, but not so early.

German teams has normal situation like we are: Both Capitals has granary and can produce settler 6 turn each. Don't know who at our continent but they could be Persia or Zulu. We are at distance 27 (say), Zulu can produce UU already. Capital was occupied with Granary - Settler, say, but second City will produce first Impy at 5 from now. Within 23 turn (worse case scenario) it will come to us. Approximately the same with Egyptian Chariots. We will have 7 warriors. May be OK.
Immortals needs more time - to build and to come.
So we may take a risk, but that does not mean that I support this idea.

Do you really think one team takes egypt or zulu?
egypt must connect horses, so only zulu can be a little risk.
but they can´t build enough impis for a invasion.

What a problem to connect horses? It is plenty of GLs around. Also Japan. They see where it is from start. But "yes, based on secret service information" we have time to go to Republic straight.

4 ne looks like the future fp site to me, what to you guys think? when could/should we start the prebuild for fp?

templar_x

I think it is two close. First we need 2 warriors for MP, then we needs Barracks for veteran units.

is too close meant timely or geographically? if timely, this is the long term thread after all...

templar_x

Both.
It is not good not to care about military that long.
But location may be OK, did not calculated yet...

Is Zeus an option for you?
In the last Cifo DG 1 Team (most are now Anarchos) build it and had a big advantage.

Forbidden Palace:
I think we don't have enough information yet to decide the location. 4NE might be good, but if we find we have more space before we run into the Greek border, then a little further away might be better. Somewhere at the southern end of the small lake?

Zeus:
Don't like the wonder. Here is my opinion that I recently expressed in a mail to templar:
if the tech pace is fast (as to be expected, if we really make a tech plan with the anarchos and also get a few deals from the other continent), then the few units that it produces, will be outdated soon! It's much better to build 7 horses instead of Zeus, because these units can be kept up to date until Cavalry. Zeus it good only for an early war, and then it's no good either, because it does not yet produce enough units to justify the huge shield investment... :lol:

FP: I fear we won´t have that information until it will be already quite late for a prebuild.

SoZ: only as a fallback wonder in my eyes. The goal should be TGLight. Even Col might be a preferable fallback. Then Soz.

templar_x

FP: I fear we won´t have that information until it will be already quite late for a prebuild.

SoZ: only as a fallback wonder in my eyes. The goal should be TGLight. Even Col might be a preferable fallback. Then Soz.

templar_x
Yes, SoZ strange Wonder: for early war it is not enough units, for late war it is not powerful.
I also think that TGLight not very beneficial: it is a good chances that there is a way for Galleys without it. Even if we want early war. Can't see much sense if we stay peacfully.
FP: better to have it in lake area. But it depend how far Anarchie let us expand.

Victory conditions: I think it is time to discuss.

That will let us know Wonder build strategy and mode of diplomacy with Anarchie...

I think only Domination is realistic. Any other thoughts?

Domination or (Pseudo-)Conquest or SS.

Personally I would aim for Domination, as it should be achievable fastest IF THE CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW IT. That is, practically, we can develop such an advantage that we can beat the others fast.

Should we not be able to manage that, I would fall back to SS. But there we are not optimally prepared, because we are not scientific. Again two options: Either be ahead enough until then, or kill the scientifics or at least cripple them enough so that they cannot beat us.

BIG PROBLEM WITH SS:
you may need to be even MORE ahead for this than for dom/con. Otherwise nukes are going to fly!

templar_x

According to Secret service information Anarchie backward, low fpt, low spt and gpt. It is very ulikely that they will be valuable research partner. I think we should consider possibility to destroy them in early stage. Let consider build up and Diplomacy strategy for this option. As I mention, good time will be after we trade Map Making and discover Republic.

Top Bottom