Longbow men

Tehhiv

Chieftain
The longbow men have a +1 range promotion. Does this carry over through upgrades... Will my machine guns attack 1 extra hex?

Yes, +1 range Gat Guns are totally boss, as the Greeks here have found out to their cost

Spoiler :

That'll teach them to steal me lands with citadel :mad:

Yes, +1 range Gat Guns are totally boss, as the Greeks here have found out to their cost

And if you were using them properly as longbows, they usually have the logistics promotion by them. Gatling guns that can fire twice a turn at two-tile distance are ... more ... totally boss.

However, it's worth pointing out that you can't get an additional +1 for range four Longbows.

i wonder if it possible to get 3 times firing g-guns from chinese crossbows?

Yes, but it only works for the Persians who get them from militaristic city states during Golden Ages, because 3 movement = 3 attacks.

Yes, but it only works for the Persians who get them from militaristic city states during Golden Ages, because 3 movement = 3 attacks.

Or with a Scout that already had Scouting 3 (extra movement) before popping a ruin that turned it into an archer.

However, it's worth pointing out that you can't get an additional +1 for range four Longbows.
You mean you can't take that promotion? Or it has no effect? Because if you can still take it, I wonder if you could have range 3 Gatlings/MGs when the time comes? :we need a 'scratches chin' smiley, bad as ever:

You can't take it because you already have it. It comes with the promotion, so there's no opportunity to get it twice. Longbow don't have a range of three, they have a range of two and the promotion for +1 range.

Also works for Denmark who get them via same way, but only the turn in which it started embarked. I think this also requires Great Lighthouse or Astronomy or a left side of Commerce policy to get their embarked units up to 4 movement (since the first one MP will be used just getting onto the land).

In addition, this unit eventually promotes to Mech Inf.

Yeah, the addition of Gatling Guns and Machine Guns postponed the problem, but it didn't solve it.

Top Bottom