1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Longer play

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by NicoML, Apr 17, 2018.

1. NicoML

NicoML Chieftain

Hello! I've asked for help to balance some modifications I made in the XML files, but I don't know how to make a mod, so if someone is interested in make it, I will aprecciate it too much.

I really like to play longs plays with no turn limit, and I usually use only 2 mods, one that allow to harvast all resourses and one that make all civics, tech and great people more expensives, without modify production cost.

Well, I found the XML files than determinate Global Eras minimun and maximun and minimus turns, and also the ones than determinates how many era points you need to reach a Normal and a Golden Age.
    The first one are in Expansion1_Eras.XML, and the second one are in Expansion1_GlobalParameters.XML

(Notice my ignorance, I thought they were .sql files, no XML, I don't have any idea of this)

I just want to have longer eras, more expensive golden and normal ages, and mainly than they are balanced.
    Thanks!

Edit: Also if somebody kwon how to make production cost more expensive but only for the city-states, or if it's possible, they make too much units, considering they don't have to do another thing, except for some builders and districts.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    KAL_MAD likes this.
  2. KAL_MAD

KAL_MAD Chieftain

3. NicoML

NicoML Chieftain

Yeah, but in the XML file Expansion1_Eras you can modify maximun and minimun turns to each global era, also you can modify the score necesary for a Normal and a Golden age, but it's in Expansion1_GlobalParameters.
    I dont know about modding too, so I just modify the two XML files.
    My problem it's than I don't kwon how many turns and how many score points I have to modify to be balanced with the x5 tech, civic,etc mod.
    Actually I'm playing with Maximun and Minimun era turns, and also score points with x3.5 and it's almost balanced, but not at all.
    Sorry if my english it's not the worth.

My biggest problem now it's the 3th part of the request. Production cost only for city-state. I don't find the XML file than can modify that.
    I tink than maybe it's only possible via moddifiers