1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking at how this site could help us.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Cafegio, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Cafegio

Cafegio Warlord

2. Well, if you're looking to pay for models, there's no shortage of sites that provide some very high quality stuff. There is however a catch - most of these (and I'm talking not only about the models on this site but in general) come with very detailed geometry and if they're animation-ready, then also very detail biped/bones setups. Unless you're a professional 3d modeler/animator it will be very difficult for you to reduce the models to poly-counts more appropriate for Civ4 and even more difficult to redo the biped/bones to be compatible with Civ4. In fact, I'd say it would be easier to learn low-poly modeling and animation from scratch :).

I actually tried once importing Poser character to 3ds max and reducing its poly-count, boy that way a mess. :)

3. Cafegio

Cafegio Warlord

I see. Looks good alot of models. They make you pay for them. Im looking for new models to do just trying to skill up.

4. Corn Shucker

Corn Shucker Great Khorn

I'll tell you what, I was looking at those models- I would love to have those three Roman models as units!