1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Map: A "Terra" map that is not as cramped

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Stalker0, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

So I really enjoy the "New World" expansion experience of terra type maps. However, because all of the civs are so cramped on the original continent I find the early game is more "war and survival" than I would like.

Are there any good maps that offer a middle option. Something like a 3 continent scenario where the civs are on two continents but the third one is open for late game exploration, or something like that.

Basically I would like the same mid game expansion phase as a Terra map without requiring a strong early game war to survive phase.

Are there any such maps people could recommend?

saamohod likes this.
  2. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

Not exactly what you are asking for, but you can still go for less that the default number of civs for your chosen map size.

cammcken and vyyt like this.
  3. andersw

andersw Emperor

Change to low sea, you get more landmass and a bit less tension.

vyyt likes this.
  4. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

You'll need 3 ocean rifts for this. Not unimplementable, but there could be issues. Tagging @tu_79 for help.

5. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Actually, it's quite easy. In the rift function there are two values. One is the size of the impassable ocean, the other is the the extra ocean size where mid oceanic islands may happen. You can set rift size to three, the only issue is small continents like Greenland are less likely to be formed.

Anyways, I think Communitu has a rift size of two, so you need Great Lighthouse for discovering new lands.

6. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

3 rifts, not 3 rift width. Can you reliably add extra rifts to the map (horizontal works too) without unbalancing landmass size excessively?

7. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I see.

It's possible, but we have to change the shapes of the oceans, and widen the horizontal rift so there can be a couple of impassable tiles. If you want it reliable, it's gonna be ugly.

Another option is to make a wider pacific ocean, with an increased mass probability so it creates intercontinental big islands, almost a small continent, and make sure the gap is wide enough to prevent trirremes. That will create three vertical stripped continents. Since the size of the ocean can be made percentual, the size of the intercontinental landmass will be pretty much the same across maps.

Bromar1 likes this.