Looking for a mod that forces everyone to be at war in the beginning of the game.

Matthew49

Chieftain
One of the most memorable of my experiences in playing Civ 4 mods was playing A New Dawn, and experiencing the gradual shift from total war to diplomacy as players discovered writing.

Here is a description of the mechanic from the official mod site:

Minor civilizations
The game can be started with only minor civilizations where everyone is at war and no diplomacy is possible until the discovery of writing. Then, you can try and make peace with your evolved peers, although the conflicts can leave lingering effects.

I absolutely loved this idea. There was never enough ancient or classical warfare until this mod, and it was just so damn fun. Now I am looking for a mod that is similar for Civ5. If it doesn't exist, I want to make it myself. Does anyone know of a similar Civ5 mod, or if not does anyone have advice on how I can make it myself? I have never made a mod before but I would learn just for this.

IGE has options to force war/peace between two players/several players and such in its 'player'-menu, so you could look there for reference.
There's also this 'Always War'-option in 'Really advanced Setup', though I think that uses a global define so you can't switch that off during the game. (Though I could be completely wrong on that; I don't use that mod)

If I were to make a mod for this, I think starting everyone off at war would not be too difficult. What I wonder is how to only allow diplomacy after both civs have acquired a tech such as writing.

Top Bottom