[PTW] Looking for a PTW .exe in GOG version

Zorrukk

Chieftain
I have the GOG version of Civ 3 Complete. I have looked in the PTW folder but I don't see a .exe for the game. There is a .exe for the edit mode.

I'm just looking for this so I can play the GOTM's along with the COTM's.

I guess a gold.exe would work also since there is a gold icon in the PTW folder.

Thanks in advance for reading and helping if able.

I sent you a message. Check your Inbox.

I'd be interested in the solution to this problem as well. It's frustrating that the choice is between a digital version that works but only has Conquests available, or the original disc but with DRM that requires you to manually enable a deprecated service (and even that will eventually stop working as windows is updated). I wonder why that decision was made, given how easy it would have been for the publisher to provide all 3 executables.

I am also wanting to play Civilization 3 Play the World but the Steam version dose not include the exe file if any solution has been found
I would be interested in it too.

please, i, too, would like to be enlightened how to start my GOG PtW... thank you! :)
t_x

As far as I know, there is no digital PtW version, that can be played without a CD check - and nearly all CD versions have the problem, that windows doesn´t support SecuRom any longer. The only CD version I´m aware of, that is able to pass the CD check is Civ Chronicles, as this version was sold without SecuRom.

But why in the world will you play PtW ??? C3C can support twice the number of units on the map, and if I remember well the number of cities is doubled and there are a lot of other additional nice features in C3C compared to PtW (and the submarine bug is in PtW, too).

Edit: I just made a little test: The GOG PtW exe in combination with the Civ 3 Chronicles CD are still able to start the Civ 3 PtW game. :)
Spoiler :

Attachments

• PtW with Chronicles CD.jpg
    PtW with Chronicles CD.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
please, i, too, would like to be enlightened how to start my GOG PtW... thank you! :)
t_x
Check your PMs ;)
But why in the world will you play PtW ??? C3C can support twice the number of units on the map, and if I remember well the number of cities is doubled and there are a lot of other additional nice features in C3C compared to PtW (and the submarine bug is in PtW, too).
*Pssst* Templar_x likes to play the CFC GOTMs. He(?) needs a PtW .exe to do that

I just posted (new thread) - "My GOG "complete" installation suddenly stopped running, and the Conquest Editor returns a "Civ3QEdit" error message saying it can't find PTW. A Re-Install didn't change anything." :help:

Top Bottom