Looking for a roleplaying campaign.

StormbringerGT

Chieftain
Please see Page 2 for guidelines refering to Wonders Heroes and Religions!

THE ACTORS
StormbringerGT - Neutral Ljosafar Amelanchier
Psycho Llamas - Neutral Amurites Dain the Caswallawn
Neomega - Neutral Sidar Sandalphon
Mimic - Evil Calabim Decius
Jacomanring - Evil Ilians
Kyroshill - Hippus, Lanun or Grigori
Methuselah - Evil Calabim
Morni - dropped
Chuckgilla138 - dropped
Dux - Evil Balseraphs Keelyn
Westamastaflash - Good Bannor Sabathiel
Phoulishwan - Good Malakim Varn Gosam
Diamondeye - Evil Balseraphs Perpentach

THE STAGE
Map - Erebus
Size - Large or Huge
Climate - Temperate
Sea Level - Medium
Era - Ancient
Speed - Normal Epic
Shape - Flat
Peaks - (default)
Starts - (default)

Ragining Barbarians
Permanent Alliances
Barbarian World
Wildlands
Blessing of Amethon
Living World
Slower XP
All Unique Features
Flavour Start

The Hippus scout slowly made his way through the forest as quietly as possibly, wincing during the rare occasion he stumbled upon dry leaves. He knew it made little difference weather or not he made noise since, where he was going, no one would hear him coming.

He pushed though the final line of stubborn bush along the edge of a bluff overlooking once verdant field. Cottages and farms lay in ruins and the air was thick with smoke and the sounds of battle. The Bannor were attempting to hold a defensive line while The Clan of Embers smashed against it with what seemed like endless numbers. The Bannor were far fewer in number but holding their line, highly trained soldiers all. The ruthless Clan just poured at them, climbing over the bodies of foe and friend to get at weary defenders.

This is exactly what the scout expected to see. He took out a piece of hide from his pack and carefully recorded the numbers on both sides of the field. For the past ten-day he wandered along the borders between the two warring nations and this was his final stop. He had a pretty good sense on the battle readiness and numbers of the troops on both sides. He would return home and present his findings to his lord. They would then send emissaries to whichever side they thought we be the most profitable.... probably both. The highest bidder would find themselves with thousands of the Horselords troops bolstering their lines and running down their enemies. Glory and money would be the Hippus, no matter the outcome this particular war.

Thinking of a warm fire and cold spirits the scout prepared to leave. Suddenly his hair stood up on the back of his neck. Reprimanding himself for letting his mind wander, he knew someone snuck of behind him. He didn't turn, he continued to pack, while readying a sword hidden in his pack. He took grip of the hilt and was about to draw when a chilling laugh echoed past him. Sweat beaded on his forehead. He knew what this meant, he heard the stories. However he couldn't figure out why they were here. It didn't make any sense. He smiled to himself. If it didn't make any sense then it made perfect sense.

He drew his sword and faced his attacker. A huge disfigured hulk of a man stood before him, well 3 feet taller than himself. He was stunned. Behind the freak, shadows moved in the forest and twisted demented clowns peered back at him. Their painted smiles hiding their twisted intentions. The freaks club came down with blinding speed and cracked down on the scouts head. He crumpled on the spot blood running down his face. A clown rushed past the freak and looked at the wound. He dressed the and gave a sharp look at the freak. The freak moaned slightly and looked sad, knowing he displeased his master.

The clown needed to do something about this. The freak always hit to hard. Sometimes they died on the spot. When they didn't die they would sometimes never wake up forever sleeping. Other times they would wake up and be no smarter than an animal. They needed healthy creatures. The freaks provided enough of a sideshow. They wanted entertainment that only healthy specimens provided. The clown gave a signal and the freaked lumbered forward and this time, he gentled picked up the unconscious scout. He carried him back to the tree line past the other clowns, a little ways in he came upon the little caravan. He slide the man into an empty cage. The door squeaked as he closed it and locked him behind him. A lion from the next cage growled and attempted to get his paws through the bars. The scout lay too far beyond his reach and the lion growled again in frustration.

The clown returned to his caravan looking at his stock, dwarves men and animals filled some of the cages. Numerous ones still empty. He smiled to himself the battle in the plains to the east would allow him to return with a full caravan of... entertainment.

Alright, as far as picking civs it goes in post order and the sooner you are more specific the better chances you get to pick who you want. You can attempt to resolve with someone else if you really want to play as a civ, but its probably better to pick a different one, you think you could act out.

Much like Deon was I am looking for a group of people to play with. I have a few goals in mind here.

I would like to play an epic speed game.

The game will probably last a few sessions.

My playtimes are pretty open but we would have to setup times when everyone could play.

Roleplaying is a key factor here. I hotset with a few buddies when they are in town and its a blast. Even if I don't win, I had fun playing and we always end up with a story to tell!

If possible I would like to avoid AI players, but if we can only get a few people together, then we can assign them to the civs that act erratically.

Roleplaying here is the prime goal, not neccesarily winning.

If anyone is interested drop in here and we can try to set things up. I can host if need be, I have a beast machine and Comcast (awesome sometimes, crappy other). I live near Chicago so when posting available times we will have to make sure we thrown in time zones.

While familiar with Hamachii I would like to avoid it if possible. If you actually own the games, you probably won't need to bother with hamachii.

Anyway I hope we can get something like this setup. Even if for a night, or maybe even a month like a campaign. Drop in here and lets get something setup!

EDIT

To help make clear what this is about I edited this post.

This game is to enjoy the world of Erebus and create a story in the process. The Ultimate goals here are not to win or lose, but to have fun. Alliances will be made, Trade will be meaningful and wars will rage. If you are looking to play to win, to pick an evil race and adopt a good relgion then build every wonder in the same city, then you won't want to play this game. Also please be prepared to sink some time into this. I dont expect to play in a day. However a few hours a week would be nice, I understand your life will always come first when it comes down to scheduling your time. So please think carefully before you commit to this project! Once you start we need you to keep the story going!

Post who you would like to play with. Please include your timezone as well.

Alright to make this a little more oraginsed here are some guidelines I think we should follow.

We should avoid AI. This will help with errors that pop up in larger multiplayer games. They also don't know how to roleplay...
Roleplaying is going to be your number one rule to follow. When you pick your race and leader, you should read up on them lore wise and play accordingly.
For example. The Bannor will generally make lasting friendships with other goodly nations and will not declare war on one with out good reason too. They will not ally with the Sheaim, although they may not always be at war with them either.

Generally it would be neat if we could get around 8 players. One for each religion. This will present us with a diverse game. However this obvbiously may not come to pass so we will take what we can get player wise! Also when playing do not religion horder. The Sheaim should obviously be the founders of the Ashen Veil. However after that if they are out reseraching everyone else they shouldn't jump right to Order or Octopus Overlords. Roleplaying....

Following that line of thought the same should go with Wonders. Ride the Nine Kings should probably be built by the Hippus. The Infernal Grimoire, on the other hand shouldn't be built by the Elohim. Again this is to keep in lines with roleplaying. Each Civ tends to have a few wonders that are meant for it, so no matter who you pick you will get access to some wonders. This will also help keep you focused on the tech line as you won't be straying down a path just to get a certain wonder, just so another civ doesnt get it first.

The Balseraphs should not summon the mecurians....

This may seem somewhat limiting to an extent and it is. However thats roleplaying. You are picking a race and playing them close to lore. If you are starting to cringe after reading some of those guidlines you will probably want to consdier not joining this game.

There will still be real combat; just not the AI randomly attacking you. You can still be defeated or win but that is not our ultimate goal in this particular game. Its to have fun and create a story in the process. The goodly nations will tend to play nice and the Evil may see a benefit in forming temporary Alliances as well. Generally you will have a reason for going to war, but you must weigh the consequences first.

If anyone else has more to add or to expand on mention it. Before the game starts we will have a set of rule and guidelines in place so we can have fun and create a fantastic story.

To kick it off I would like to Play as the Amelanchier from the Ljosalfar empire. My time is GMT +6 Central Time. I have pretty open playtime hours available to me.

id love to give this a shot. i very very rarely play multiplayer (and i tend to roleplay anyway) but i havent got that much time lately (and no time at all after the 24th of jan cause im going to japan) but im still interested ;)

EDIT: my time zone is GMT +8, i live in perth.

id love to give this a shot. i very very rarely play multiplayer (and i tend to roleplay anyway) but i havent got that much time lately (and no time at all after the 24th of jan cause im going to japan) but im still interested ;)

EDIT: my time zone is GMT +8, i live in perth.

Well that gives us sometime to get the ball rolling on this then. I tend to shy away from multiplayer, as I am not a competitive player, but a team focused one anyway.

I am down, but awake at strange hours. And I play for fun. I only play Sidar.

I'm up for this, I use hamachi and have played a few multiplayer games.
I would suggest using hamachi though because the chat features are useful and it is easier to connect.

I will to love to play a MP! I live in Italy (GMT +1) and use hamachi...actually, all MP games I played was with people in the same LAN net but I should be able to get through this too...

EDIT Would prefer Calabim or Ilians

I edited the first post with some guidelines and to help clear up what this is all about! Please feel free to share your thought with how we should do this! Thanks!

I'd love to give MP a shot.... never done it though, so I'd need some help getting it all set up.

I'm on the East Coast USA.... GMT -5.... and I currently have a very flexible schedule

As far as civs.... I haven't played them all.... but would be willing to play any (even the "weak" civs... it's not to win after all)

Preferences would include the Hippus, Lanun, Calabim, or Grigori

I will play Calabim I live in the UK so my timezone is GMT Western Europe if that helps.
I enjoy roleplaying the Calabim with the Order religion, it makes sense if you think about it (somehow) although I wouldn't build heroes like Sphener and I wouldn't really be "good" makes it a bit more interesting without being ridiculous. If evil civs can't play good religions I'll go for Esus instead. I'm looking forward to this!

I'll join in (GMT time zone.)

Would prefer to play as Balseraphs or Luchuirp or Kuriotates or Bannor (in that order.)

This could be interesting.
I'd like any of the non-barbarian civs, and timezone is GMT+1.

Never have done Mp before, but I'd love to give it a shot. I roleplay a very nice Perp game. I'm on West Coast USA.

Illinois here. Lemme get a slot and post estimated playing times please. For now Im good in the daytime but norm is 5-12 'cept on the weekend.

RE: wonders

While ride of the nine kings should be hippus'.... I have seen other civs use it well, like Ljosalfar. I always try to spread my wonders around too, though, because I think it is cheesy to build them all in one city. We should probably aim for weekend meets, since that is more than likely when most of us will be available.

I'll set my alarm for any time slot, I have no real sleeping schedule.

Updated the first post again with info on whos playing who.

I will play Calabim I live in the UK so my timezone is GMT Western Europe if that helps.
I enjoy roleplaying the Calabim with the Order religion, it makes sense if you think about it (somehow) although I wouldn't build heroes like Sphener and I wouldn't really be "good" makes it a bit more interesting without being ridiculous. If evil civs can't play good religions I'll go for Esus instead. I'm looking forward to this!

I can see it making sense, not all evil thrives on chaos, some needed order to their evil. However you definately shouldn't found the religion. Also joined the religion would lean you away from evil. While the Calabim definately do evil things. For our first game I would like to stick to close as the lore possible

RE: wonders

While ride of the nine kings should be hippus'.... I have seen other civs use it well, like Ljosalfar. I always try to spread my wonders around too, though, because I think it is cheesy to build them all in one city. We should probably aim for weekend meets, since that is more than likely when most of us will be available.

I'll set my alarm for any time slot, I have no real sleeping schedule.

Yes the ride of the nine can be used by every race, true. However I only used that as an example. I would like to have every race have a few wonders that are theirs alone to build. So while anyone could benefit from it, I believe lorewise it stood in a Hippus city. This would give every civ a few wonders spread out in their cities and make for a much more real and interesting game.

I'm quite happy to be Berri Bawl if Dux wants to play Balseraphs as well.

I guess I will play Decius then as the Calabim and I wouldn't found Order, but if it spread to my cities I would switch to it and use it in a corrupted way.

I don't have time to participate, but regarding wonders, you may want to consider that if the "wrong" civ builds it, that is a great incentive for a limited war by the more thematic civ to wage to take that city, creatinga lasting rivalry and good story. Unless the wonder is explicitly philosophical (one way or another), like the pillar of chains.

For example:
Rhoanna: "The Bannor claim they posses the worlds greatest knight, but it is time for us to claim our birthright and take the Ride of the Nine Kings in Tor Alessi!"

Top Bottom