Looking for a song.

Not Gigi in general, just that song. Let little seven year old girls be seven year old girls. Don't age-progress them in your imagination until they're potentially appropriate as romantic/sexual partners.

Yeah, but by that point, he's probably dead or too old to get into it that way. That they'll age into women is no less Thank Heaven than dreaming of them as your doctor, or lawyer. Probably less self-serving, at any rate, realistically.

Weirdly, he's imagining other people enjoying these seven-year-old girls romantically: present day seven-year-old boys!

But he draws the listener into his peculiar fantasy;

Those little eyes
So helpless and appealing
When they were flashing
Send you crashing
Through the ceiling

So that "you" has known the little girl at both stages in her life: when she was a helpless little girl and when she's old enough to send you crashing through the ceiling.

Skates just a little too close to the edge of sexualizing the little girl herself for it to be something our era can tolerate, I think.

That speaks really poorly of how stupid and time bound we are, then. A boy and a man is the same person at all stages of his life. I hope my son finds all the passion I was able to with a little one(currently) of his choosing. They're almost there, at 9. Blink, and they'll be looking back too. They've been learning the skills for a while. I suppose I have been teaching some of them.

That speaks really poorly of how stupid and time bound we are
Well, yeah, but we're "time bound" enough to need statutory rape laws. That's a truth too, as well as the truth you tell.

But I too wish a world of romantic happiness for Farm Boy's boy.

Last edited:
Just seems weird to attribute pervyness to an expression of appreciation for the passion of the future. But you're probably right. I am often disappointed by people along these lines.

I'm making a thread.

Isn't America the place where 7 year olds twerk on stage in revealing outfits while one of their parents makes it rain from the side, just for a trophy?

These lyrics don't seem that controversial in that context. But if you take it out.. yep
"Beauty" contests for toddler-age kids, with sexualized costumes and makeup. It's absolutely creepy. The contests for tween-aged kids are creepy, as well.

Top Bottom