Looking for a specific TSL Earth Map...

D. Minky

Warlord
I enjoy TSL earth maps most of all, and they seem to be pretty popular, so I am surprised that this hasn't been created yet -- or maybe my search kung fu is very weak.

Anyway, I have tried the Gedemon's awesome TSL map pack, and the Legendary Earth mod, and a number of other maps. While they are great, and I had a lot of fun with them, they all have one flaw that really bugs me; they remove certain civs from each map.

Maybe it's just a "feature" of how the civ map files are made, I don't know, but all I am looking for is an earth map, any size, that has the TSL locations for every civ in the game (including DLC). I don't necessarily want to play with all of those civs every single time, but I'd like to load up the game, have it draw randomly from the entire pool of available civs, and place them on the map. I realize it might be unbalanced at times, if, say, Byzantium, Ottomans, and Greeks are all thrown onto the same map and hogging the same land, but I'm okay with that. I really want a map that will create a dynamic Earth each time, with a chance to use any of the civs available. And preferably, standard through large sizes would be available, so I can play a few nice quick games every now and then, or a long epic map.

Does such a map exist? Am I just blind and unable to find it? Or are the only TSL maps available ones that cut out certain civs?

Base game doesn't allow more than 22 civs at a time on a map. Gedemon released an alpha of a mod that lets you go past 22, but it's got issues. I think he also released a map with all the civs somewhere on these forums.

Cool thanks!

I just took a look at it, and while it's awesome, it's not quite what I want. I don't need an uber-huge map with over 32 civs at once -- I just want a standard to large map that has the potential for any of the civs to appear on it, in their correct location.

Is there something similar to this, on a smaller-sized map, that has TSL for every civ, but only the standard 22 civs max?

Cool thanks!

I just took a look at it, and while it's awesome, it's not quite what I want. I don't need an uber-huge map with over 32 civs at once -- I just want a standard to large map that has the potential for any of the civs to appear on it, in their correct location.

Is there something similar to this, on a smaller-sized map, that has TSL for every civ, but only the standard 22 civs max?

you are not forced to have 34 civs with ynaemp, you can choose any number from 2 to 22 (or 34 with the experimental DLL) on any of the provided maps (3 sizes for earth)

edit: and the earth maps in ynamp have tsl for all official civs released by Firaxis, including those from the expansion and all DLC...

Moderator Action: and thread moved, the subforum is for maps files only

Top Bottom