1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for easy faction to play on earth map advice please

Discussion in 'RoM Strategy & Tips' started by Sloty, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Sloty

Sloty Chieftain

I want to play on one of the mods earth maps.

Is there a faction that plays easy and to its strenghts?

I am mostly a builder and only go to war if its necessary.

An isolated position would be good.

Please also give a little advice for the beginning of the game with that faction.

2. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

I heard that Japan is a good one. You start alone on an island with many strategic resources you need. The only issue is that the two Japanese LHs with RoM vanilla have weak traits for building; if you are running an older version of RoM (2.8) or are patient, Meiji is a Japanese LH perfect for your playing style.

3. BobTheBull

BobTheBull Warlord

You can change the traits int the xml file; leaderinfos, I think.

Another good one is to start as one of the Central American civs, or maybe North American. You have two continents full of resources and probably a long time to build an empire before any of the other continent's civs get to you. Also, if you are playing an earth map, don't start with 32 civs; start with 16, or maybe less. Even better, use a map with historic starting positions and choose which civs you want to start the game. This should get you what you want.