Looking for good 1.29b2 d/l link

Cieran

Chieftain
I've been unable to locate the 1.29b2 patch that appears to be the latest mac patch, the only link I've been unable to find is http://www.macmame.org/Civ3_129_b2.sit which, of course, doesn't work.

macgamefiles.com also links to that site.

Anyone know where I can get the patch please?

Welcome to MacCivFanatics :wavey:

Have you asked MacSoft tech support? Meanwhile you have PM ;)

No I hadn't, Macsoft only had up to patch 1.21. The one you PM'ed me was a unix executable file, and doesn't open in OS X. 'No default application.'

:sad:

That's 'cos I forgot and used zip instead of sitx format. Try again with file name: Civ3_1.29b2_Installer.sitx

Thanks a lot, that one worked. Can finally play the perfectionist map :goodjob:

You have PM.

I've emailed MacSoft support asking where it can be found, and explaining that the patch is vital for PC file compatibility, and particularly for the GOTMs. I've also reported the broken link to MacGameFiles.

I've heard back from MacSoft. They don't support the beta, so they can't put it up on their site.

BUT. I have their permission to pubish it on mine. So here's the link I gave to the guys above.

CivIII 1.29b2 Updater - Updates your CD copy or a version 1.21 copy to 1.29b2, which is file compatible with the Windows 1.29f software.

Please note.

1. MacSoft will NOT support this version. If you have any problems you'll either have to reproduce them on version 1.21 or bring them here for amateur but enthusiastic discussion :D

2. Since this is a .sitx file your browser may attempt to display it as text - mine does. If so, right (control) click the link and teli your browser to download it as a file to disk.

When I click the link all that happens is that I get a bunch of text in a new window, no download. What can I do?

That's funny when I did it again...just for the sake of trying...it worked fine. I am no tech guy, so I can't help you. However, the link works fine. Which browser are you using?

Happyworldian said:
When I click the link all that happens is that I get a bunch of text in a new window, no download. What can I do?

Hi. :wavey: Welcome.
Your browser is not recognising it as a binary file. Just Control Click the link to get a menu and select Download linked file, or the equivalent menu option.

As a general rule, whenever you want to do something and don't know how, control click, or rght click if you have two buttons, will give you a menu of options that often helps.

No, it won't. If you want to do editing as well, you'll need to maintain two different installations - one 1.21 for editing, and one 1.29 for playing. Unfortunate, but necessary.

Hi there!

... So here's the link I gave to the guys above.

CivIII 1.29b2 Updater - Updates your CD copy or a version 1.21 copy to 1.29b2, which is file compatible with the Windows 1.29f software. ...

Hey, this link is dead too now, and despite an internet-wide search, I have been unable to track down this elusive piece of software. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Aggri.

Hi, welcome. :wavey:

That link was waaaay out of date! I've replaced it with the current one from my sig.

Top Bottom