1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Kurio Lore

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by HadesScorn, Aug 21, 2009.

1. HadesScorn

HadesScorn Chieftain

All- Looking for someone to spell out what kind of demi-humans are accepted lore-wise into the Kurio civ. We know of centaurs, but they are not supposed to be the only kind. I'm currently modding up some UUs for [module]CUW, and am looking for some kind of guidelines in advance so I don't get a ton of "you can't do that" feedback.

Right now, I'm thinking of adding at least Minotaurs. Looking for one other unit that would be acceptable to add.

2. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Alright. We have centaurs, of course, and lamias are intended to fill out the mage line. EDIT: Demands as to why the Lamia animations aren't yet finished incoming in three... two... one... Anyways, Mustevals (or something like them) are planned for recon. The Bestiary has a lot of other sub-races you could mix into the Kuriotates if you feel like expansion; if it isn't Always Chaotic Evil, the Kurios would probably accept them. I'm fairly sure, however, that anything that crawls its way out of a Planar Gate might not be so easily accepted.

3. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

You could potentially simulate faeries and other wee folk and the like by scaling model size. Of course, you could argue that Faeries might come more under the aspect of the Lljosfar than the Kuriotates, but with lots of weird magical experiments going on at the end of the Patrian era, it's not unreasonable jump to say that some mad Patrian mage tried creating some very small sentient creatures for espionage.

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The closest things to faeries in Erebus would probably be Pixies, which do serve Amathaon, the Patron God of the Kuriotates, rather than Sucellus or Cernunnos, the Ljosalfar patrons deities.

I'd lean towards saying including them would probably violate the princess rule though.

5. HadesScorn

HadesScorn Chieftain

Granted. Alright - I'll avoid the Lamias for the moment as they seem intended for an official mod [if it ever comes].

Minotaurs- listed in the Bestiary as:
    Seem like a lawful neutral to me, even if they do normally pop from Planar Gates. Would be pretty easy to see a band of them coming under the sway of the Dragon. I may temporarily add in another filler, if I can come up with a reason to include them. [Possibly the Blue Lizardmen from the Bestiary as WaterWalking Amphibians].

6. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Well, a combination/variation of both Green and Grey Lizards are found in both Orbis and FF/FF+ (althought in there, the Evil Lizards are Blueish while the Good are Green). A variation of Blues are planned for FF+, althought they will be land Lizard's that moved to the sea.

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

FF's Lizardmen aren't that closely connected with FfH Canon.

There should be 3 types of Lizardmen:

Grey Lizardmen are the largest, strongest, and most common, and are of human extraction

Green Lizardmen are smaller, more agile, dwell in the deepest jungles, and are Elven ancestry

Blue Lizardmen are not predominantly blue, but distinguishable from the common Grey Lizardmen by the blue stripes on their chests. They are the rarest of the Lizardmen, and can presumably can breath under water due to their Aifon origin

8. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Just as a note, if I were the FF team, I'd do a merge by declaring the Green Lizardmen the allies of the Orcs, and the Grey Lizardmen the "civilized" Lizardmen (Mazatl and Cualli). Solves a few problems, there, and the Mazatl/Cualli lizards are quite a bit grayer already.