Looking for Mod to affect travel on top and bottom of map

Valareos

Chieftain
I am wanting to create a map based of the Authagraph projection, which has the advantage of being infinitely tileable in all directions, (top/bottom tiling require 180 rotation), allows for Antarctic exploration, and keeps land mass and oceans reletivly the correct size by instead manipulating the angles between them.

AG_01-638x479.gif

If I then want to accurately describe transport across the legitimate paths to top and bottom, I need the top and bottom of the map to act like teleporter spots (like Bermuda Triangle) based on the new x coordinate = map_x_size - old_x (Already calculated the math)

This would allow the best option for a spherical map on a rectangular plane

Nice idea! Never heard about this projection before... Sounds like a feature Firaxis could integrate in a NFP Vol. 2 edition, why not give them a hint on twitter? ;)

If I then want to accurately describe transport across the legitimate paths to top and bottom, I need the top and bottom of the map to act like teleporter spots (like Bermuda Triangle) based on the new x coordinate = map_x_size - old_x (Already calculated the math)
There is a way to enable y-wrap for Civ VI maps. Take any map script Lua file (such as <install directory>\Base\Assets\Maps\InlandSea.lua) and add/edit the following function:

Code:
function GetMapInitData(MapSize)
    local MapSizeTypes = {};
    local Width = 0;
    local Height = 0;

for row in GameInfo.Maps() do
        if(MapSize == row.Hash) then
            Width = row.GridWidth;
            Height = row.GridHeight;
        end
    end

local WrapX = true;
    local WrapY = true;

return {Width = Width, Height = Height, WrapX = WrapX, WrapY = WrapY}
end

This initializes the map's grid size as well as x/y wrapping when starting a new game.

However, crossing a n/s border causes the x position to shift horizontally by GridWidth/2 instead of becoming GridWidth - oldX. I suspect that this behavior is currently hardcoded into the game.

However, crossing a n/s border causes the x position to shift horizontally by GridWidth/2 instead of becoming GridWidth - oldX. I suspect that this behavior is currently hardcoded into the game.

This behaviour is expected on the games standard map projection... Longitude 180 would change to longitude 0 crossing the north pole.z

Thanks for the info, you given me an idea of where to look.

Given that the map projection I use has the north and south in ocean, I may go ahead and make the map with the in game wrapping, and make sure its noted that I am looking for a mod to change it to be more accurate

Top Bottom