1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for multiplayer games

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by shahballs, Aug 18, 2019.

1. shahballs

shahballs Chieftain

Hey forum, I'm looking for a server where WTP is played online or for online buddies to play against, I'm loving the game but the AI is way too weak even at max difficulty. Anyone interested get in touch!

2. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

I am interested! Please specify the version of wtp you wanna use. How about Saturday afternoon~ evening?

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Chieftain Supporter

4. shahballs

shahballs Chieftain

Hey bud, I'm on the latest version, and play on GMT time zone. How do we set up a game?

5. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

One person hosts a game using direct IP connection, opens the ports in the router (look up civ4 ports). The other person connects to said IP address.

If you use Steam and use the version without direct IP connection, you might be able to get it working by editing the ini file to make the game start in WTP. Apparently there is a steam feature to find other players, but I never used it.

I recommend setting up communication outside of the game. I have good experience using skype for coop gameplay. Part of the problem with the ingame communication is that it's disabled when you talk with the king or similar.

You should all use the latest version because the difference between releases is almost exclusively bugfixes. In fact only the newest version is without known issues for multiplayer. If you manage to desync the game with 2.7.1.1, let me know, preferably with a savegame, which desyncs when you press end turn. There shouldn't be any desync bugs left.

I think the question is if it's 1 or 2 plot DLL files. You need to use the same version.