1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for multiplayer mods (which probably don't exist)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Elkad, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Elkad

Elkad Emperor

I play a lot of pitboss, and I see a couple issues come up repeatedly.

Scoreboard. Is it possible to disable the scoreboard?
    How about just hiding civs you haven't met yet?

Knowing the scores of other players (along with things like what religion they are running) before you even met them is the issue. I'd like to remove that.

Gifting.

Is it possible to change unit gifting so that gifting a unit causes it to lose ALL movement/attack points until the following turn? This would prevent some abuses with troop movements, especially when one opponent has a forced peace (via AP vote, etc)

Cities. How about requiring some minimum percentage of culture before you can gift a city? City must be X% yours to gift it away. (basically the same effect as the mechanism that prevents drafting in a newly captured city).

2. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose King

I made that scoreboard change, among others, for myself a year or two ago, it's a simple one-line edit in CvMainInterface.py.

Both gifting things would be very easy to do in the SDK, dunno if they provide an event hook for them or not though which would be necessary to do them in python.

I'm swamped atm but thought I'd at least point you in the right direction.