Looking for old post - Conquest by Culture Flip

artificialj

Chieftain
Hey all -

I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding an old post. It was a (I think) succession game, in which the goal was conquest victory by city culture flip. No taking cities by force.

I have been watching Sulla play a version of it on twitch, called Passive Aggressive Conquest, but I remember reading the thread here long ago. I think it was probably 2006-2008?

Thanks!

Maybe this one?

Spoiler :

Final Domination Percentage: 592 out of 782 tiles = 75.7%

Culture flips

New York (1553AD)
Chicago (1715AD)
Lyons (1740AD)
Frankfurt (1778AD)
Marseilles (1788AD)
Washington (1828AD)
Orleans (1835AD)
Rheims (1845AD)
Philadelphia (1858AD)
Munich (1867AD)
Atlanta (1868AD)
Edo (1900AD)
Berlin (1919AD)
Pisae (1958AD)
Paris (1990AD)
Kyoto (2008AD)
Tours (2011AD)
Cumae (2014AD)
Beshbalik (2039AD)
Tokyo (2042AD)

I participated in a similar succession game a few years later. Pretty sure we used Zara of Ethiopia and the game was started by rolo1. I”ll see if I can find it later.

Ok...we actually played 2 succession games of the variant - inspired by the earlier sullla version.

The first one - RR12 - went ok but rolo forgot to switch off domination VC so we ended up winning by domination far too early - Zara was used here:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rr12-a-perfect-spy.419429/

The second - RR13 - we made up for that mistake with a successful Conquest victory - this time using Asoka:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rr13-hearts-and-minds.431114/

Both games were Monarch/Normal/Pangaea. We had an addition rule of not allowing any combat units outside our borders, so wars consisted of fighting enemy garrison's to increase revolt risk as well as obviously any units entering our borders. BTS is used.

These game were more espionage focused.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Those were the games I was looking for Lymond! Also, Sylvan, I've been watching that one on twitch. Currently on play session 4, but I did watch the final play session last Friday, live.

Anyway, thanks guys.

Top Bottom