1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for online games

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by Antony, Oct 14, 2017.

?

Who would win in an egg and spoon race?

1. Monty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gilgamesh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ghandi

100.0%
  4. Genghis Khan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Napoleon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Antony

Antony Chieftain

Hello! o/ I have been watching and learning this game over months, really enjoyed the game and the discussions here on Civfanatics. Finally joined and as the title says, I want to share some of the experience with others.

I own the Civ IV complete edition, no mods and no steam key. I downloaded evolve but can also try other methods to connect and play online.

For starters I'd like to play with these rules:

We can discuss details such as bots when in a lobby setting up on Prince+ preferred.
    No huts, no barbs. Science victory as the goal with domination and conquest off. No restrictions on how you play aside from that, I'd like to wipe out some bots and try see how fast we can get the science victories but I don't mind playing a bit more competitively also.

I'll monitor this post for a while, will be available for the next two nights from 6pm+ (UK time for me, GMT) but will happily arrange something after. Please just respond here, you can contact me direct also but perhaps others can schedule some action with each other also.

Also wondering if it's worthwhile getting a steam key for my game? If there are any other players who frequent playing on steam multiplayer that is, can anybody confirm; is there many people playing the multiplayer?

2. Antony

Antony Chieftain

Still good to play, if any wanna play now then let me know, will be around for some hrs

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  3. Antony

Antony Chieftain

And up and playing again today, hit me up if you wanna play.

Will be online on evolve.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  4. Antony

Antony Chieftain

Up again today, msg if you are playing CIV IV BTS!

5. Antony

Antony Chieftain

Let me know if you wanna set up a game.

6. Antony

Antony Chieftain

Still up for games if anybody is interested. Will not be able to play on Steam (2K no longer redistribute keys) but I have evolve and can also connect directly. Just drop a message in thread or contact me privately. Have a good'n.

Also if there is anywhere else I can effectively find a game and have it hosted then I appreciate the information. The Steam scenario kinda sucks, I may consider repurchasing but I would appreciate if anybody could let me know what is the average players looking for online games on a daily basis there? Thanks

7. Antony

Antony Chieftain

Spent a portion of the day today trying to set up a game with a fellow fanatic, unfortunately it seems I can't connect via direct IP, if any wish to play then perhaps we can try a host client, I have evolve currently but I'm sure there are others I can use also. Just drop me a message.

Also thanks to the individual today with the patience to try and get me set up. o/

8. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

These days it is not easy to find an online game of Civ4. In this regard, not exactly what you are looking for, but you can check out how PITBOSS games are played and see if you like the idea. There are a lot of Civ4 pitboss communities well and alive and a lot of games running at each time, so you can satisfy your Civ4 needs each day for years to come.

Antony likes this.
  9. Ramkhamhaeng

Ramkhamhaeng Warlord

Hi, the DirectIP connection issues could be related to the shutdown of the old gamespy servers. The problem occurs if three players (or two players + a hosting server) try to connect each other.
    Solution is the use of the 'new' server (by all players), see
    http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=7544
    The new server also supports the good old Civ4 Lobby.

Antony likes this.
  10. Antony

Antony Chieftain

Thank you 2metraninja, I saw this function way back on my computer, now for some reason I can't find it if I search.. I'm sure I can find a way to reveal it again, if it will yield results then I'll definitely check it out.

Also. Thanks Ramkhamhaeng, the last player who was looking for a game used this, they told me it yielded good results. Unfortunately when I had a go at those steps I couldn't quite get it to work, I spent a few hours with it and sadly couldn't get it working. Given my banger of a laptop I'm not surprised.. and cast my blame there lol

Cheers fellas, I still come on evolve regularly and that works fine, I'll look in to the other methods also. Hope for more games in future, prefer to play with humans ;]

Edit:Oh and also I wonder if any members here ever use Steam. Would be interested to hear how busy online is there, if at all. I'd probably pay again for this great game, well worth it if I can get some online action with ease.