looking for people to play civ5

ketanco

Chieftain
Hello everyone, this is my first message in this gorup and I hope i can participate.
I am an experienced civ player for many many years but so far i only played single player - except a few hotseat games with friends.. I am looking for people to play with but when i choose multi player it shows very few people playing. so i started searching on internet and found here. can someone invite me to their group if there is any or where . how can i find people to play with? i can participate in a well established group too, and i dont quit games etc... people who also look for someone can pm me too..

I'm also looking for some people to play with, started using GMR, but it's not that great, few turns a day is all I'm getting from that.

I like that link. Another way is of course playing with your friends, or creating your own group. Some might be interested in a forum based groups, were the same people meet for games all the time. It's an idea at least. That might also make it possible to put up very unique rules. Like rules for saving and playing another day. I might be interested, if that what's on your mind.
Otherwise I'm already a member of NQ and will probably play there...

having found a real difference between games advertised there and regular open games, but then I dont really want start this discussion here.

Only difference is that people call quitting - "scraping" or say "I gotta go" instead of just leaving like that.

I appreciate folks who don't quit, and if something comes up at least the game can be resumed later.

So, winning is good.
Being tenacious keeps defeat from being a given, and is also good.

Who chooses a cheaper price in a store over a better value, and who wants to win over having a great game win or loose? I know, there are as many preferences as there are folks, but those are few of mine.

I took a break and now looking to play online again. I love to play long games and not in a competitive way. Seems like many good players around here and some actually play to have fun and meet new people.

Thanks for the link to the resources.

Hi Ketanco, Tomoliop and Binici

I too am looking for more online players to join our small group of players. We tend to play once or twice a week in an evening or at a weekend and save the games to continue in the next session.

Our players have varying skill levels (I've been on Civ V about a year but played Civ IV, III and II before that) and styles. We're all based in the UK so games would be 7-10pm GMT during the week or any time at the weekends.

At the moment it's a FFA style game with city states and AI players but we can change the settings. It generally takes about three sessions to finish a full game and we're all non-quitters.

We also have a few side games going on from nights when there's just two players online, so generally there's a game to pick-up most days.

Let me know if you fancy being added to the group. We tend to liaise during a game about when we can all hook up the next time but maybe I’ll do an email thread or we’ll do it via Steam in the future?

I’m online this evening from about 7/7.30 GMT as the misses is out with the girls drinking wine…it’s generally safer for me to take on barbarians than the girls on nights like that! If any of you fancy a game, let me know and I’ll set something up.

Traz

Ketanco, I couldn't find you on Steam, so feel free to add me, my profile name is uk_traz.

Tomoliop and Binici - I've added you if you fancy joining us in a game.

Hey AlcatrazUK your group sounds great, im a UK based player and looking to get involved in some longer multiplayer games that can be saved and continued rather than an intense 8 hour session! Ive added you on steam hope you dont mind, my user name is Arutha...

um hey i saw your post hey im a somewhat intermediate player in civ 5 and if you ever want to play then you can friend me on steam Just PM Me and id be glad to play with you (Note: im not the best player im somewhat bad but that doesnt mean that i cant give a fight i probably wont win but still and im not on alot so if i dont respond immediately dont be suprised)

I will play, i only have vanilla which sucks but I'm trying to find a group to play on Civilization 5 but also to talk on Skype. My friends and I talk on Skype and everything. Message me your steam and i will add you.

Top Bottom