1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Rename Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Feyd Rautha, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

Is there a mod out there that allows you to rename your units whenever you like?

I'd love it if it could include great generals and the like.

2. kris159

kris159 Kris P Bacon

As per

3. Gedrin

Gedrin Chieftain

There is a mod called "Rename Units Anytime" that likely allows you to rename units anytime.

4. Spatzimaus

Spatzimaus Mad Scientist

This is one of the little tidbits I've integrated into my own mod, although it was really an incidental part of a much larger change (overhauling the Unit Panel to use two rows of promotions instead of just one, but shrink a bit horizontally to keep from taking too much real estate). It's an incredibly easy thing to add, but it requires altering one of the game's UI Lua/XML file pairs (in this case, UnitPanel), which makes that sort of mod incompatible with any other mod altering the same bit of UI.

Alternately, you can just open FireTuner and rename the unit by hand with a Lua command. This assumes you've enabled the Tuner and know basic Lua commands, of course.