1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for serious players! Jugadores Serios!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by DOmar1990, May 9, 2011.

1. DOmar1990

DOmar1990 Chieftain

ENGLISH

Hello, my name's Daniel Omar from Puerto Rico, USA. I'm looking for serious players for lasting civilization 4:Beyond the Sword games. I use to play Giant Earth Maps (bigger than the game's standard ''huge''), at Marathon speed and have a lot of time to play and I like finish what we have started so (clearly not the same day but continue it other days until we finish it)... so no quiters reply on this. The game will be, as I said, for serious players... this just not include to stay in game but play seriously too.
    So if you are interested, contact me by Private Message or reply on this to send you my msn e-mail and start play!
    (I already have a game partner to play this kind of longtime and serious games, but we want to add 1 or 2 more human players to make the game more multipolar and not be just like a Cold War between us two always...) so the game will be with 3 or more. We can reserve a week day just specifictly to play the whole day the game that we had save, or any other day(s) that we have common to play at week. Until now, the days my friend and me use to play is Friday and Sunday each week.)

SPANISH

Hola, me llamo Daniel Omar de Puerto Rico, USA. Estoy en busca de jugadores serios para partidas duraderas de Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword. Generalmente juego un mapa gigante del planeta Tierra (màs grande que el ''Enorme'' que trae el juego), a una velocidad de maratòn; y tengo muchisimo tiempo para jugar y me gusta terminar las partidas comenzadas y me gusta terminarlas (claramente no el mismo dia porque tardan mucho pero continuarla otros dias hasta que la terminemos)... so si eres de los que abandonas partidas cuando te va mal o lo que sea, no a esto.
    Asi que, si estas interesad@, contactame por mensaje privado o dale a responder en este ''thread'' para enviarte mi msn y comenzar a jugar.
    (Ya tengo un amigo con el que suelo jugar este tipo de partidas largas y serias, pero queremos añadir mas gente a nuestras sesiones para hacer el juego multipolar y no saea siempre la tipica Guerra Fria entre el y yo... La forma en que nos organizariamos seria reservar un dia a la semana para jugar todo el dia -el Civi dia.. jeje-, y continuar ese mismo dia o dias de cada semana la partida que tenemos pendiente. Escogeriamos un dia que tengamos todos disponible para jugar. Hasta el momento el dìa que utilizamos mi amigo y yo para jugar es Viernes y Domingo.)

2. Milanese

Milanese Chieftain

Hi Daniel, my name is Milan, I'd be very interested in playing long lasting Civ4:BtS games with you and your friend. I am a serious player, who likes to finish the job, there is no problem with that. I also have quite a lot of free time in June, so we could work something out. My time zone is GMT+1, which creates kinda problematic 6h difference. Anyway, i usually stay late at night so we might find a suitable schedule. I registered here just specifically to reply to your post, i can't PM you for the next 5 days (fresh account), so it would be best if you give me your e-mail and we'd discuss details there.

3. Milanese

Milanese Chieftain

Looks like there is another requirement for being able to send PMs besides the first 5 day no-PM period (having a few posts maybe?). I still can't send and (which is worse) read PMs. If you have tried to contact me, sorry, i haven't received any notification and can't access the private messaging system :(. Please contact me here, I see this as the best option

4. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

5. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

@ Milanese, if you are looking for some long-term civ4 multiplaying, have you ever tried pitboss? If so and you are eager to join one, here are 2 proposals for you:

1. Team AMAZON pitboss is a huge Pangaea with 11 players at Monarch difficulty and it is at 2000BC year at normal speed. A lot of space to build before a war is needed. No uber players in the game (except myself - just kidding) Good game to start learning the exciting world of the long - term civ4 multiplaying.

2. The other pitboss is Destiny of Empires at apolyton.net. It is a huge Earth map with 18 players at nobble difficulty and Epic speed. The game is at 1500AD and we need substitute for Arabia, which is in the upper half of the score. It is not a normal MP pitboss, but it is a diplo-game. What this diplo-game means? It means that no civ will ever be annihilated or crippled to a degree, where it is no longer fun for the player to play it. The main deal about the diplo-games is that a stories and role-playing are essential. The winner at the end is decided not by who is at top of the score or acquires in-game victory condition, but the winner is decided by monthly voting on 2 categories - story telling and role playing. Also a great place where you can learn safely Also if you have artistic gifts and time to write stories, it is immensely fun and entertaining. It is my first diplo-game I play in, but those guys have community from more than 10 years. I definitely am fan of the genre already.

6. Milanese

Milanese Chieftain

@ 2metraninja: thank you for making me aware of the pitboss scene. I haven't really noticed this possibility earlier. Now that I've read what the idea of pitboss is, visited your (Team Amazon pitboss) thread and read thru the things (issues) you're dealing with I must say it's not what I'm looking for.

I simply don't have the opportunity to check on my civ every day (nor 12h). I do have time once, twice a week for a multi-hour entertainment. I see that having time to carefully analyze each turn has its beauty, but what I want is faster-paced game (that doesn't refer to in-game speeds, I endorse playing epic speed), lasting five or so multi-hour sessions, not 6 months. That is I am a fan of a quality gaming but I'm not in favor of meticulous preparation of every single action undertaken
    (Leeroy Jenkins comes to mind - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeroy_Jenkins#Reaction).
    I also like having some modifications to the game, which would be a problem to agree on in bigger group of people. So thanks again, but it's not for me.

7. DOmar1990

DOmar1990 Chieftain

Hey! Well if your PM is not working you can contact me to domar1990@yahoo.com
    There's no problem with the 6h... if we are playing sundays I can wake up at 3am so your time will be 9am... the other guy is from Spain so there's a 5h difference too.

8. DOmar1990

DOmar1990 Chieftain

Thank you! Didn't know about that site. Actually I was wondering for a civfanatics site for spanish-speakers... hehe... hope in that website there's modding tutorials in spanish too.

9. gazzahk

gazzahk Chieftain

HI did you guys get this MP going?

10. DOmar1990

DOmar1990 Chieftain

Hey Gozzahk, we are going to start a new game next week, so contact me at domar90 @ yahoo.com to pass you the day and time info.

11. gazzahk

gazzahk Chieftain

12. DOmar1990

DOmar1990 Chieftain

13. Jamini

Jamini Chieftain

Would you have room for another DOrmar? I'm fairly new to MP (playing Monarch/Empire level in SP. I can't stand blazing timers in the gamespy lobby games)t I'm very interested in starting up a long-term game. I'll send you an e-mail as well, hopefully I'm not too late in doing so.

14. DOmar1990

DOmar1990 Chieftain

I have just sent you a reply to your email :)