Looking For Some Multiplayer Assistance

Okay, so I decided to finally upgrade BTS to version 3.13. I installed Bhruic's patch and the supplementary patch. That works in both single player and multiplayer.

Now I'm trying to upgrade to version 25 of FFH II. I loaded that, I patched to the most recent version, "L" I believe. I loaded the media files. FFH works fine for single player, but the multiplayer gives me a CTD upon trying to begin the game.

Any ideas?

***EDIT***

I found that alt-tabbing out of the game immediately after I click "Launch" manages to fix it. Is this something that happens often?

Yeah it's weird.

When I clicked launch, if I just did nothing it would go to a background image like the one from the main menu, then I'd crash. If I alt + tabbed out immediately when the background image came up, and then alt + tabbed back in to the game, I would get a progress bar and the game would load as normal.

This only applies to multi-player games, but I was also on a Big and Small map, with 30+ civs.

Anyways, I don't know if this is unique to me or not, but I thought I'd mention it for posterity's sake.

it could be some mess with FFH starting movie ?

There are no movies in multi-player for FFH or BTS for that matter. In fact, most of the fluff, like narration when you learn a tech has been removed for multi-player. That's standard and not something I did myself.

that's why I said that there could be a mess with it.

Top Bottom