Looking for two specific civ3 mines

Kampfbereit

Chieftain
Hi,

I was browsing the civ3 forum looking for some nice looking mines - they're for my Call to Power 2 tileset. But Lord and Behold, the two most beautifull ones (both with offsite links) are no longer available!

I'm talking about the ones you can see here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39473

The first is an adjusted version of the Derick mine - it's a lot clearer to see ánd has a nice smoke blowing chimney - and the second is the factory with two chimneys.

Could anyone help me out here?

Thanks very very much in advance!

Greetz from Belgium

Tellius Kampfbereit

First: Welcome to CFC.

Second: WRONG FORUM. There is a big red text that says "Don't open a new thread if you don't have files to post! Use the main Creation&Customization for questions!"

Third: I see they were hosted somewhere else, at a French site. If they are not there any more, they can't be found here, unless someone uploaded them to the database before they got deleted.

But not all hope is lost: someone might have them on their computer. :) And they can re-upload them.

And, even if nobody does, they can be recovered from the screenshots ;). Will take some work though, but it shouldn't be too difficult, as long as the screenshots aren't blurry.

Hi,

sorry about the forum error, I suppose any moderator can simply delete this, I can edit but it seems I can't delete the entire post:sad:

Tellius

Your link does not work.

Ah, ok, sorry then. BTW I think they could be recovered from the screenshot, as it's pretty clear, but I don't know who's going to do that (takes a lot of pixel work). :)

Ah, ok, sorry then. BTW I think they could be recovered from the screenshot, as it's pretty clear, but I don't know who's going to do that (takes a lot of pixel work). :)

Not necessarily. You could use the wand tool, and paste it over the old mine.

I still don't see how you could do that with the magic wand, the mine has at least 4 different colors... ;)

Change the wand settings to allow it to add new layers to each selection, so it could select red green blue etc by just clicking away.

Hi guys,

If all else fails, I'll do the magic wand thing. Keep shift pressed down and click aways! I just fear the result can never be as sharp as the original. The items are not in the database, I checked.

As you might now, Call to Power 2 has kind of a cartoonish look. I'm actually a difficult case. I love the Call to Power 2 gameplay, especially with the terrific Ages of Man mod, but I also love the Civ3 look. What disappointed me in Civ3 was the lack of stacked combat, it just kept feeling strange. But its world dragged me in. So I'm trying to have it both ways;-)

I am posting this in the hopes that someone might still have this stuff on their pc, that's all.

Thanks very much

Tellius Kampfbereit

Top Bottom