Looking for your in game data

Sostratus

Deity
Greetings, fellow fanatics!

As part of ongoing work on a comprehensive unit rebalance, I need to look at costs.
Some data I would be keen to get is how much production your cities make over the course of the game.

Specifically:
-How much does your "productive city" make in the middle ages, at industrialization, and in the atomic era?
-How much does a "normal city" make in the middle ages, at industrialization, and in the atomic era?

The difficulty you play at would be very useful to know as well. (And if you have apoc or SS mode on!)
I am having trouble getting a sense of how other people's production scales over the course of the game. With this type of data I can figure out how unit production costs should scale as a baseline.

There have been a lot of changes over the life of the game to how players develop economically - originally we had factory stacking, then we didn't, then they overhauled so many things. I think the first 2 eras have a good cost curve, but I am not convinced the curve fits quite right on either side of the renaissance and it's not clear to me that 650:c5production: is where the late game units should sit. But, I'd like to get a sense of what others face to be able to tune things better. (I would like to broadly turn down costs for some units but turn up maintenance.)

So next time you play, make a mental or physical note, and please let me know!

Can a LUA function be added, that dumps this data to file each turn for friendly cities?

You can then wrap this function into a mod and ask people to install this mod and send dump files back to you.

My "good production" cities generally have 17ish production early game, 30ish production mid-game, 50ish production late game, and 100-150 production when I'm going for science victory.

I run on both prince, (with a friend) and deity, (when playing alone) but I generally play epic or marathon games. I'm not sure if the game speed matters for your question.

All of this is with a vanilla game, no expansions.

Top Bottom