LOR playtrough

mfie

Warlord
Hi,
I read trough some of the topics here and concluded that Legends Of Revolutions looks like a fun mod.
I got the idea to report my first game were I also show some of the features so the new players can see what the mod looks like, and persuade them into downloading it ;).
I've never played LOR before (I'm still downloading it in fact, it takes 8 minutes :eek:), so I should be able to see the differences between BTS and LOR and I can illustrate them.
The download is finally done and I start LOR.
I must say that I like the theme song (something like the start of this (before he starts to sing)youtube click), it's better than the boring song of Beyond the Sword, but Baba Yetu is still better :D.
I want to play a special leader so i go to civpedia and find some guy named Mustafa. In middle school there was a guy named Mustafa in my class and he always got into fights, so I choose him.

He has the 'enlightend trait' wich gives him +10% research and reduce some religious penalties:

I'll play on noble so I can get used to the game without facing a challenge immediately. I enable standard LOR things and start the game.

The first thing I notice is that the settler consists of 8 persons now (2 guys, 2 girls, 3 children with pamfluts and a mule).

Next I take a look at the techs screen and see that it is not so different of that of BTS. Even tough there about 10-15 techs added and a lot of techs have gotten other prerequisites, you can still recognise the old tech tree in it. This is a good thing, because the reason that I don't like a lot of mods is that there is too much added. 100 new techs, 25 new civics, 10 new religions... Is just too much :p.

Then I notice the little indian in the upper right corner, it turns out to be the revolutions screen. Right now it's empty because I don't have any cities so I'll come back on that later.

I settle in place and start classic with a worker, I hope it won't prove fatal :D. In the city screen soemthing with 'Revolt status' appeared, when I mouse over it I see a lot of numbers, wich I don't really understand :cool:.

In 3560BC I meet my first neighbour and tell him to cease bothering me :crazyeye:. He's -2 with me because 'a first impression is a lasting one'. I've read in some other forum that this is a hidden modifier of civ that doesn't normally show in BTS. So it's nice that you can see it now (he has also +1 with me because 'small empires must help each other').

Some time later my warrior kills gets beaten to a hut by a 3 movement scout :eek:. I didn't see that coming. After that he gets attacked by a panter and I get 0,0% influence

I start researching to priesthood for the oracle, and I get my first settler out who I send to a 2-gem spot.

I turns out the city is likely to revolt, and I can bribe it to stay calm (wich I don't do :mischief:)

When the Oracle is 1 turn of completion I check the techs screen and see that I need pottery for metal casting :smoke: So I put 2 settler before the orcale and start on pottery.

In 1700 BC I get a quest:

I don't need swordsman :nope:

2 turns later the oracle comes and I get metal casting

My second and tirth city are now connected to the capital and thus less likely to revolt :dance:. I still don't know what that number behind 'stable' means though.

I stop on 1525 BC with 4 cities (all happy)

In this first set LOR has played much the same like BTS (with exception that you need pottery for metal casting). Hopefully the revolution concept will be more an issue when the game progresses :king:.

Give me some time to add the images and correct the typos :scan:
done

Except a next round in a week or so

The number behind 'stable' is your revolutions index. When that goes over 1000 your city can go into revolt.

I think the revolutions number sign should be reversed; good things have a negative value (in that they lower the index) and bad things increase the index.

I think even in BTS pottery is a pre req for Metal Casting.

Why no workboats ??

Nice walkthrough so far, need to get to legendary units! I love Sacred Band with a general attached to him, unstoppable til Xbows.

Top Bottom